Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > RV Lifestyle > Full Timers

Full Timers Not everyone can be a full timer. This is the place to discuss questions, concerns, and other issues affecting full timers.

Site Search:

Old 11-07-2012

Default Next Year is going to be a VERY Good Year!

My DW and I have decided to pull the trigger and enter full time retirement. February 22nd, 2013 will be my last day of work.

Now, I have been a full-timer since May of 2011. That was the last night I spent in my S&B. But I have still been employed and thus unable to travel, sight-see, and enjoy the freedom typical of those in the Full-timer status. But Next year, NO MORE!!

Tentative plan is to amble over to Truth Or Consequences NM and spend a month there, sight seeing, hiking, bathing in the hot springs, etc, then on to Colorado where we plan to spend the summer. Then amble down to Tucson to spend the winter.

So much to do..... learn to play guitar, a life long dream of mine. Learn a lot more about our bus. Learn Spanish, hike, lose weight.... I am excited and can't wait!

Just saying......
2010 Honda Element -- "Shadow"

"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost." -- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Old 11-07-2012
1995 WB 42’ Series 60

congratulations Lee. Glad to see you are taking the big plunge. Hope to see you on the road.
And your list is in the right order, Losing weight is at the end of my list tooo.
We are not full time. but we are taking a few months to travel, been out two months so far.

Please use e mail instead of Private Message
Mallie@EuLake.com
Old 11-07-2012

Good for you Lee!

I may be following in your footsteps...though not willingly. The company that I work for is on VERY thin ice and I may be unemployed by years end.
Old 11-07-2012

Thanks guys!

And Dan, I think most of us have been there. I lost a job in 2008. Found another in a different town. Lost my house. Then in Feb 2011, lost my "new" job. Sold my house, but had to come up with $31k from savings, to get out of it. Took a contract in North Dakota for 3 months, then went to Atlanta, bought our bus, went to relatives in Alabama, and registered bus and car, got Alabama driver's licenses. Then next day got the call that led to this job in Austin.

Life has it's ups and downs, you just gotta roll with them, as they saying goes, if it hands you lemons, make lemonade. That's what my honey and I try to do.

So, not making light of your situation, just saying if it happens, figure your options and make the best choices you can. None of us get out of here alive, right?

"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost." -- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Old 11-07-2012

Congrats, you can't retire too quickly, hurry up!
Fruita Colorado
Old 11-07-2012

Thanks for the words of encouragement Lee. I've been through this before. Company shut the doors...that time, we moved on our boat and went cruising for a year. We're considering our options. My wife is still working so we're not destitute but we're "technically" not retirement age yet, got a few more years. We're discussing keeping our condo but next summer try living in the SP for a month or to to see how it works out. That will give us a chance to figure out what works and what doesn't. I figure if we can make it a couple of month, we're set for full time.

On an unrelated topic, how's the Honda Element search going? Keep me in the loop as to how it tows.

Dan
Old 11-07-2012

Lee... congrats... its a great feeling to know you can go when and where you want to... my company bought me out 6 months before I was going to retire anyway... of course I said nothing untill the papers were signed and the direct deposits were arranged... then I signed... actually got on the road 1 day short of 6 months of fully retiring (that was 3 years ago)... thats when I told them I was retiring anyway... go for it Lee... enjoy the road, but personally Mac and I found the drive in the coach thru T or C NM to be rough... maybe they have some smoother roads some where in the town
"Heads Carolina, Tails California"
Old 11-07-2012

Congrats. Three years in our bus and never a regret.
2001 LXI
1996 43' Wanderlodge
1989 PT 40
1982 PT 40
Old 11-07-2012
davidmbrady

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummerH1 View Post
Congrats. Three years in our bus and never a regret.
Hummer, you got the best bus in town, what else would I expect!
Old 11-07-2012

Still looking for an Element, still trying to sell our Jeep Wrangler. Will likely trade it in in December, when we get back from Big Bend National Park.