Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters

HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters Questions and information about the wide variety of Heating and Air Conditioning as well as Water Heater systems available are discussed here.

Site Search:

Old 12-26-2013

Default Installing Roof AC

At present I have cruise airs. For the front unit the compressor is gone and there is a leak on the condensor coils. I was going to replace with a roof air throough the vent in the living room area. Since the roof is curved, do I require one or two gaskets for mounting the Air Conditioner. Also, has anyone else done this conversion and have they connected the wiring into the existing crusie air controls or just gone with the controls that are mounted in the inside portion of the roof air?

Thanks for your help.
Rodney, Ontario
Old 12-26-2013
Gardner

Installed a roof air off center on my FC due to Cruise Air issues. I had to cut a hole, but otherwise it went fine. If you allow it to drain on the roof then there is no problem with a single gasket. If you want to install one of the aftermarket drain systems they require two gaskets for clearance.

I doubt the Cruise air controls could be adapted to work with a roof air system. My particular roof air had a complicated thermostat control system (I got it from a damaged coach which had a ducted system). If I got a standard AC with controls on the ceiling unit I would have used them.. I derived the power from the cruise air junction so I could turn it on or off from the switches by the driver.

I miss the quiet Cruis Air, but not the expensive and fruitless repairs.

I put a description and lots of pics in this URL

http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.co...oof+air+gcyeaw
78 FC 33 Happinest (Sold)
Ridgewood, New Jersey

Last edited by gcyeaw; 12-26-2013 at 12:41 PM.