Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > SP (Single Axle Pusher Unique Issues)

SP (Single Axle Pusher Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your SP model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it....List your SP parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 12-06-2014

Default skylight hinge

Any one know how to remove the glass from the skylight. The side that opens comes apart real easy. I am wanting to take the hinge side apart. I want to clean the seal and grease it with silicone grease and reinstall it. I need to know how to get the hinges to come apart. Thank you
Old 12-06-2014

Sorry I can’t be of any help with the hinge. I have never taken mine apart. But you may want to consider this.
I wanted to keep the light provided by the skylight but did not want to deal with any possible water issues - so I built a sealed translucent Lexan cover over the top of the skylight. Easy peasy lemon squeezy. Mission accomplished. There are plenty of ways to vent air in and out of the coach without having to rely on the skylight.
We will be at the Clearwater rally if you would like to check it out.
"Bordering On Adequate"
Old 12-07-2014

KC where did you get the cover. I need to replace the fixed one in my bath. Previous dome was removed and replaced with a metal plate.
Brooks, GA
Kip Cindy & Cody
678-523-7920
Old 12-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by atckip View Post
KC where did you get the cover. I need to replace the fixed one in my bath. Previous dome was removed and replaced with a metal plate.
Kip,
Google search Lexan. I went with Lexan as opposed to plexiglass - plexiglass will crack and break with an impact (stones, limbs, branches, hail etc.) Lexan (poly carbonate) is the stuff they use for security windows. I picked up the materials at an industrial surplus joint in Sanford FL. It should be readily available almost anywhere. I had to elevate the cover to clear the skylight. I made a frame from plastic/nylon square bar (3/4 x 1 if I remember correctly). Attached the Lexan cover to the frame with stainless screws and butyl sealing tape. Used another strip of the butyl tape between the new frame and roof. I did not add any screws or holes to the roof. I made 3 aluminum hold down straps which spanned the new cover and were anchored to the diamond plate. Again - no new holes in the roof.
"Bordering On Adequate"