Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Under The Awning

Under The Awning Here is where you can carry on a conversation, just like............well, like you were sitting under your awning at the campsite.

Site Search:

Old 02-15-2015

Default Lancaster Ohio....where could we park?!?

A very dear family friend, adopted grandparents to the kids.....well, it saddens us but he passed away this morning.

We are thinking of digging out the Bird and heading to Lancaster Ohio for the funeral...no details yet, but thought I'd ask around. We'd probably need it parked for a few days.

Matthew is from there, however his sisters house and street will not accommodate our Bird.

We do not have a Toad set up yet, but hoping his sister can come get us from wherever it is we do park.

So, thought I'd ask and see.

Thanks much!!

~T
Old 02-15-2015

Hi Tina, Sorry for your loss. There are a couple campgrounds close to Lancaster but I'm guessing many are closed for the season. It's really cold here right now so freezing up your water systems is a real concern. It's close to zero today.

This is a small park maybe 3 or 4 miles south of Lancaster. From their web site, they are open year round.
http://www.rvatlakeview.com/

This park has year round full timers but is about 25 or 30 miles North of Lancaster
http://www.lazyriveratgranville.com/

This is a storage facility that is on E. Main Street in Lancaster. They may be willing to let you stay there with Electricity only.
http://www.eastsidestoreandservice.com/

Jackson Lake is in Canal Winchester, a few miles from Lancaster and is open year round.
http://jacksonlakepark.com/home

Hope that helps,

Dan
Old 02-15-2015
Administrator

it may not be a good idea to drive into an Ohio winter this week,
Old 02-15-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Pape View Post
That's what I was thinking.... Snow and ice headed that way on the news....
FMCA 387867
Old 02-15-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Pape View Post
I agree, I don't think I'd drive the bird here right now, but some folks are more adventurous than I am.

Typically, they have the roads cleared fairly quickly, but they can get nasty in a hurry. Like I said originally, once you get here, it's very cold. I'm sure with the wind chill, it's well below zero.
Old 02-15-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBiscuit View Post
I agree, I don't think I'd drive the bird here right now, but some folks are more adventurous than I am.

Typically, they have the roads cleared fairly quickly, but they can get nasty in a hurry. Like I said originally, once you get here, it's very cold. I'm sure with the wind chill, it's well below zero.
Yup, we know cold. I think we are colder.
LOL.
Old 02-15-2015

If you do go, don't come through northern Indiana. We had a blizzard yesterday. Both dual lanes of US 30 were closed for several hours due to 30 vehicle pile up. We had over 40 mph winds and lots of lake effect snow. It took me 6 hours to plow us out this morning. And then there is the cold. Below zero the next several nights. Take the southern route through Indy. Should be a little better.

Jim and Michele Walters
2000 LX
'93 WLWB (Sold)
Bluebird of Happiness
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
260-224-1278
Old 02-15-2015
Old Old Member

Tina, I am sorry for your loss. Jim is right on the money regarding the weather. I own a trucking company, and if we did not plug anything in, it's not starting tonight . It is bitter cold and will continue for the next few days. South of Indy over 12 inches predicted over the next day or so . If you take the north route I am in the northeast corner of Indiana if you need to stop for the night . Can probably jiggle stuff in my heated barn to fit you in if necessary . Safe travels
Old 02-15-2015

We are west of Lancaster, but I do not have a spot yet that I would feel comfortable having anyone parked at yet. I have no power out there yet and without at least 30 amps of power I think you would be really asking for trouble.
I would have to agree with all of the others that believe that driving your coach here this week would be a really bad idea. The kind of cold we are going to continue to have this week can really wreak havoc on the coaches systems. There are too many ways I could see for you to end up stranded somewhere.
2012 Wrangler Unlimited
Lancaster, Ohio