Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Frequently Asked Questions > Forum Help

Forum Help Get help here if you're having trouble using the forum

Site Search:

Old 01-04-2008

Default mail box is full of daily posts

For some strange reason I keep getting all the posts on the forum in my Yahoo email. I dont think I ever asked for these to come by email . I tried to go into settings and see if I inadvertantly checked something. But that is not the case. Both John and Rob have tried all kinds mods but nothing seems to help. I am jinxed!

Bruce
Old 01-04-2008
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Red face Try this to see if it works

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
For some strange reason I keep getting all the posts on the forum in my Yahoo email. I dont think I ever asked for these to come by email . I tried to go into settings and see if I inadvertantly checked something. But that is not the case. Both John and Rob have tried all kinds mods but nothing seems to help. I am jinxed!

Bruce
Bruce look down at the bottom of the emailed version of yours or my posted message and you will see some controls like these below. Try clicking on Manage Email Notification Preferences and then go through the selections for each one of the forums and choose from the drop down "No Email Notification", for the ones you don't want to receive, that may be the key to fixing the problem.

I just noticed that and I'm still learning too. let us know if it works for you.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 01-04-2008
Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce View Post

Bruce
By default, all members are set to receive instant email notifications of any new thread or post. The reasoning behind this was keep that part of the functionality of the Yahoo forums as folks transitioned over here. The nice thing about these settings is that you can completely disable all email notifications or even set it so you receive a single daily or weekly "digest" style email.

After you click on the link to manage your email settings....or by going here, scroll all the way to the bottom. Then follow the directions found in the attached photo below. It will show you what to do to disable your email notifications.

For clarification, the LAST button to click on in order to change your settings is Update. You have to do this even when changing the settings individually for each forum.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	emailsettings.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	124.8 KB
ID:	30  
Old 01-13-2008

Hi,
Nice Forum format. Where do I change the way I recieve info. The treads are now recieved one at a time and it would be nice to recieve them as a group.
Keepn Rolling !

Gene Sharp
93 WLWB 40'
Belle Center, Oh
Old 01-13-2008
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jks_les View Post
Hi,
Nice Forum format. Where do I change the way I recieve info. The treads are now recieved one at a time and it would be nice to recieve them as a group.
Keepn Rolling !

Gene Sharp
93 WLWB 40'
Belle Center, Oh
Hi Gene,

Thanks for the compliments. To learn how to change your email preferences, got to How do I change my email notification settings?

I hope that this helps.

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 01-13-2008
Jay Darst

Thumbs up

I couldn't figure out how to stop all the e-mails. So i used idontwantemails@yahoo.com as my email address. seems to be workimg fine now.

Once there is a KNOWN fix for the e-mails, I'll change that to my correct e-mail address.

Thanks Gang!

Jay Darst
85PT40
Jay.Darst@Yahoo.com
Dothan, AL
217-971-0036 cell
Old 01-13-2008
Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPRCoach View Post
Once there is a KNOWN fix for the e-mails, I'll change that to my correct e-mail address.

Thanks Gang!
The email system is working correctly. As such, there is nothing to fix. If you wish to change your email notification preferences, click on the link below and follow the instructions to the letter.

http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.co...hp?p=33#post33
Old 01-14-2008
Administrator

I think there is still an e-mail delivery problem,,,

Some I receive, some I do not receive.