Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Tell Us Where You're At

Tell Us Where You're At As you travel around the country, why not take the time to tell our members where you have settled for the night, week, or month. There may be another member close by, that would like to meet you, so put that information right here.

Site Search:

Old 01-09-2016
Mad Scientist

Smile The Great Adventure with our New Bird

Well Folks,

If any of you have been curious about who bought that beautiful 2003 LX40 with the salon slide that Randy had posted on his site there for awhile (right above that dual slide M-380 @ $80K as a matter of fact), it was me ! The story of how my wife and I finally got to that coach is a not-quite-tortuous long-and-winding-road, but it was a kinda humorous one and I almost became a Prevost owner during the whole thing.

I was originally first in line for that M-380....Had a loan approved from USAA and everything, but blinked because I (at first) wanted to unload my '02 Monaco before I brought another rig home. During the course of my blinking another gentleman stepped in, had a delivery date set, then the situation changed when he too blinked. I thought I might be back in, and was sort of except right around this time (just after Thanksgiving as I recall) Randy was using an air operated grease gun that malfunctioned and injected (under hydraulic pressure) a bunch of grease into his right hand. He wisely looked up the consequences on-line and quickly went in to the nearest ER (all of you rural folks, of which I am one please take note) - this Podunk hospital kinda just looked at his hand and finger and said, "awe, don't worry about it" when informed of his web research they kinda laughed it off - - after only when Carol called a real hospital in Tallahassee and the surgeon there read the riot act to the staff at Podunk did some emergency treatment commence, and Randy and Carol got to Tallahassee for the first of many surgeries to painstakingly clean the grease out of the muscle tissue. The result of not doing that would have meant the loss of at least one finger and maybe part of his hand. The reason I share this (with Randy's permission by the way - no HIPPA violation here) is it set up a comedic series of conversations between me and Randy. One, when he was definitely feeling no pain from his pain meds, I might have been able to have sold Randy my 2002 Monaco as an investment! The others, all seemed to be where Carol was taking Randy back in to Tallahassee for another re-filleting to clean more grease out or clear out a couple of infections that set in during the course of trying to get the thing to heal. It was during this entire backdrop that Randy kept his usual helpful and friendly demeanor and steered me towards the 2003 LX40 after I had spotted the similar coach for sale for a little less, that '01 up in Connecticut. Randy worked with the owners of the 03 and the long and short of that is we were able to purchase this lovely coach from an extraordinarily nice couple near Gainsville, FL. We did our inspection trip the week before Christmas, have our financing funded through USAA and are flying back on the 19th to take delivery on the 20th.

I am pretty pumped about the trip and, unless I am too dog tired (or sans cell signal) will do a daily post to this thread about our progress. Haven't decided our route yet - waiting to see what El Nio throws at the South - would like to take I-10 to I-20 to I-40 to I-5, but may stick with I-10 to I-5, or find a dry route north to Chicago and then pick up I-90 W.

Hope you all enjoyed that convoluted story - and I didn't even throw in the drama of the news we got about my cancer in the middle of this (it wasn't all that good, and this whole process has been a wonderful distraction).

BTW - Randy's hand has healed up nicely, and the docs have released him back to "normal duty".

Later,

Jon

Jon P Brumbach, Sr
Ravensdale, WA
2003 LX40 w/slide
2003 Suburu Forester (Toad A)
2001 Chevy 2500HD Duramax-Allison 4WD Pickup (Toad B)
2002 Monaco Knight 34PBD SOLD!
email me at: retreat7@isomedia.com
-or-
text or call 206-459-3388
Old 01-09-2016
Administrator

Congratulations Jon,

waiting you got a beauty, we love the trip reports, we are here to help
Old 01-09-2016

Congratulations, and welcome aboard!

Great write up!

Melvin and Charlene Pierce
Scranton, ND
"Smoke N Mirrors" Royale Conversion
1990 PT40WB
Old 01-09-2016

Congrats! Did the drive from Florida to Oregon in February two years ago in our new 91, what an experience! Have fun hope the weather cooperates.
Old 01-09-2016

Contratulations Jon. That's a nice looking coach you purchased. I'm sure you will be happy. It will be an exciting trip home. Especially this time of year

Jim and Michele Walters
2000 LX
'93 WLWB (Sold)
Bluebird of Happiness
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
260-224-1278
Old 01-09-2016
1995 WB 42’ Series 60

Congratulations Jon,
Love the story of your adventure purchase. We have had our coach for 5 years, almost to the day. I think we got lucky with our purchase. But the Best part of BB ownerships is this group. You are going to fit right in. Keep posting,, and we do like pictures.
Please use e mail instead of Private Message
Mallie@EuLake.com
Old 01-09-2016

Congrats Jon!! You are right, BB's are a great distraction to health issues! Great way to escape reality! Leah

Ed Badeau and Leah Dippold
Driftwood, PA, 15832
1995 BMC37, 2014 Edge
814-594-5964, 814-594-8294
full timers
webadeau@gmail.com
leah.dippold@gmail.com
Old 01-09-2016

Congrats, if you are taking I-10 through Louisiana, we have spot for you for the night or more(if you want it) with 50 amp. Real cheap !
Old 01-09-2016
Forum owner

Jon and I did talk a lot during the hour drive to the hospital,on more than one occasion.
He knew he wanted a bird,no more that 40 feet,and a slide out room too.
I think those long calls kept my mind off of whatever torture the docs had in mind for me!
One day i will get back out to the west coast and we will get to talk face to face!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 01-09-2016

We arrived El Paso a few hours ago, smooth sailing from Big Spring, just a few single lane deals, and all were less than 5 miles..
"Smooth Ride"
Full Timing with 2 cats