Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > PT & WB (Twin Axle Pusher Unique Issues)

PT & WB (Twin Axle Pusher Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your PT or WB model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it....list your PT Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 06-14-2009

Default PT38 matress

Dumb question, but our 87 PT 38 has a cross bed, with 3 sides up against the cabinets. Somebody has put a standard queen matress in it, but there is room all the way around it. I checked the sizes of queen and "RV queen" matresses, but none of them are correct. A standard queen shows 60X80, and my opening is 58X79.

Question 1 is will a queen squeeze in? and if now what is my best option other then a custom matress?

Thanks
Old 06-14-2009

Don't understand your question. You say there is a queen mattress in there now and then ask if a queen will fit. You also give the measurements which are clearing less then the queen measurements. Or am I misunderstanding something?

John Heckman
Shippensburg Pa
1987 PT 36
The Bella Mia Sold
Old 06-14-2009

My mistake, typing while talking to the wife. The current matress is a standad "double" bed. With that mattress, there is room all the way around. As well as Bluebird did with the fit and finish of everything, I'm sure the mattress originally fit correctly in the opening. I'm thinking that a standard queen (60X80) will probably just squeeze in the 58X79 opening. I just hate to lug that matress into the coach if it is too tight.

Adam
Old 06-14-2009

Adam, Still don't understand. If your mattress measures bigger then the opening it isn't going to fit right? Or are you thinking you can squeeze it in? If so then I can't see anyway other then trying. Seems like the two inch off demension would be the problem. Might be able to cheat an inch. Two I doubt it. Right?

John Heckman
Shippensburg Pa
1987 PT 36
The Bella Mia Sold
Old 06-14-2009

That is my thougts. The standard double looks stupid, with extra room all the way around, let alone that my wife and I don't like sleeping on a standard double. I cant see the regular queen size being forced to fit, being 2 inches to big.

I just wonder what was in the coach originally? I can't see BB not having a matress that fits. I may have a custom matress made, they are not that expensive.
Old 06-14-2009
Forum Moderator

Adam have you checked out Camping World?? or the Sleep Number system
Old 06-14-2009

I have not checked the sleep number beds, but have checked camping world, and their "RV queen". They show a regular queen at 60X79, and a short queen at 60X74. My opening is 58X79. I'm wondering if I can get the extra 2 inches to get a standard queen in?
Old 06-14-2009

The mattress in my bus is not an interspring mattress. It's about 6 inches of foam only. Don't know if it's original to the BB or not. Never measured it but use queen size bedding on it. It might be slightly smaller then the standard queen. Coach is stored or I would measure for you. Interspring mattresses are likely the best but my foam mattress is a little easier to "deal with" when it comes to moving it around in the bus to get to "stuff". I believe it I was to have to replace it I would not use an interspring mattress just for that reason.

John Heckman
Shippensburg Pa
1987 PT 36
The Bella Mia Sold
Old 06-14-2009

I have wondered about that exact point. I have the current double matress moved into the kitchen so I can get to the engine access for some work this week, and believe me, it is a pain to move around. I wonder where I can find a regular foam matress, as it would be easier to move around.
Old 06-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvoekars View Post
I have wondered about that exact point. I have the current double matress moved into the kitchen so I can get to the engine access for some work this week, and believe me, it is a pain to move around. I wonder where I can find a regular foam matress, as it would be easier to move around.
A thought...replace the large mattress with two narrow, making it easier to get them out of the way when working in that area.

1987 PT38 8V92 "MacAttack Racing" FOR SALE
1974 FC31 534 gas engine, air brakes (sold)
Anaheim Hills, Calif.
714 269-6187

Do Not Send PM (Private Messages) Please
curtsprenger@gmail.com