Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Places to Visit

Places to Visit Talk about your travels. Let others know of great places they should visit? Let us know where it is and what's great about it.

Site Search:

Old 08-01-2018

I live in Palm Harbor and frequent Honeymoon Island. So far it seems to be ok. South of here it's not so good!
Old 08-01-2018

I'm 71 years old and never set foot on Florida soil. Sounds like I don't want to either

Jim and Michele Walters
2000 LX
'93 WLWB (Sold)
Bluebird of Happiness
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
260-224-1278
Old 08-01-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by isp2952 View Post
I'm 71 years old and never set foot on Florida soil. Sounds like I don't want to either
Jim
The pan handle is pretty nice. Specifically PSJ & Apalachicola. They don't call it Florida's forgotten coast for nothing.
1989 WB 2017-2019 Sold
2018 Ford F150 4x4
Old 08-01-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
Jim
The pan handle is pretty nice. Specifically PSJ & Apalachicola. They don't call it Florida's forgotten coast for nothing.
I'll get down there someday For some reason FL never had that much of an attraction to me. I think FL, WA, OR are the only states I have never set foot in. I have been to AK and HI thanks to the US Army hauling my butt further west back in the 60's. Anyway, I'll make it to FL someday. I was even working on one of Randy's lots at PSJ, but that didn't happen, or I would have been a resident.

Jim and Michele Walters
2000 LX
'93 WLWB (Sold)
Bluebird of Happiness
260-224-1278
Old 08-01-2018

I don’t think your really seeing what your seeing, they wouldn’t let that happen. I believe you’ve all had a bit too much to think. Watch your tv’s , they will tell you the real truth. It’s nothing to be concerned about.

Now let’s get back to bus talk.
Craig.haedrich@hotmail.com
717 743-8764
“In a time of deceit, telling the truth becomes revolutionary “
Old 08-01-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by isp2952 View Post
I'll get down there someday For some reason FL never had that much of an attraction to me. I think FL, WA, OR are the only states I have never set foot in. I have been to AK and HI thanks to the US Army hauling my butt further west back in the 60's. Anyway, I'll make it to FL someday. I was even working on one of Randy's lots at PSJ, but that didn't happen, or I would have been a resident.
Come on down to LA (lower Alabama) orNW Florida. You got two excellent choices here. Rent one of Randy’s PSJ lots or my RV pad in Mexico Beach.

It is not where you are, it is who you are with. Assuming it is not 20 below or during a hurricane. Spring and fall are great in North Florida.

Come to WOG and then mosey 200 miles South.

Yesmar@fairpoint.net
Eight 5 zero four four 7 one 7 zero zero
1994 Wanderlodge (sold)
2000 LXI (sold)
1993 Wanderlodge(Sold)
2004 M380 (FOR SALE)
1997 Marathon
Old 08-01-2018
Forum owner

Richards place is just a few miles from mine,its awesome.
And,as far as i'm concerned,don't go south of Ocala and you will be happy!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 08-01-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesmar View Post
Come on down to LA (lower Alabama) orNW Florida. You got two excellent choices here. Rent one of Randy’s PSJ lots or my RV pad in Mexico Beach.

It is not where you are, it is who you are with. Assuming it is not 20 below or during a hurricane. Spring and fall are great in North Florida.

Come to WOG and then mosey 200 miles South.
You are spot on with that statement Richard. I have a cousin that lives down at Kissimmee during the winter months and up here in the summer. Anyway, Steve has been after me to come down for a visit for years. I just talked with him a couple of weeks ago and I promised him I would get down there "soon". He just laughed and said, "I wished I had a nickle for each time you have told me that." So, in the interest of family unity, I will most likely have to go see him first. That will get that monkey of my back. But as far as people that I have the most enjoyment being around, Richard you are on that list, along with a bunch of others in this group. Once Michele finally gets retired, I will get it done for sure. Most of our issues have been that she can't get enough time off in one stretch to make it worth going down that far south. When we went to Casper last August, it was the first time she actually was allowed to take off two weeks in a row. Once we get past that hurdle, you may wish you never said, "come on down."

Jim and Michele Walters
2000 LX
'93 WLWB (Sold)
Bluebird of Happiness
260-224-1278
Old 08-02-2018
Goat rails in the sunset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorgrl View Post
We are in a real mess due to the freshwater releases of Lake Okeechobee into our waterways.
Its is devastating our ocean.
Holy Moly!

I had a tilapia farm in early 1980s, in the Philippines. Tilapia feed on algae, so we added fertilizer to the water and created an algae bloom. During the day the algae used the fertilizer (food) and sunlight to grow and make oxygen. “Excellent!”, we thought. The water had turned emerald green in a day!

Day 2 sucked, all our tilapia brood stock died off in the night. The same process of photosynthesis (that made the algae bloom when we fed it) also consumes oxygen after the sun goes down. So the algae bloom used up all of the dissolved oxygen in our fish ponds at night. Our fish all suffocated in just a few days.

I suspect Lake O is so nutrient rich with Ag runoff and septic outflow that it is sucking the oxygen out of the water wherever the outflow spreads. Fertilizer-fed algae blooms can make that happen. The oxygen demands of sewage breaking down also can use up all available dissolved oxygen resulting in fish kills.

What a mess you have there! But you aren’t alone, even Puget Sound has developed anoxic zones with fish kills where the shore is lined with old cottages sporting old inadequate septic tanks. Property owners and municipalities don’t want to face the costs of sewage treatment or better septic designs. There’s a stretch of beach near my old home that reeks of sewage. Because high tide floods several old septic systems. The county can’t require owners to fix them! Owners can’t afford to rebuild them. Chronic, only getting worse.
Full-time in 2019

Last edited by nbedinger; 08-02-2018 at 05:33 AM.
Old 08-02-2018

That's exactly what happening, but on a grand scale. Our sea turtles are hatching and dying when they hit the water. I could go on about this all day but I only mentioned this to warn anyone from wandering down here on a vacation only to be disappointed with our water and beach conditions. Inland is fine, but the coast is a true mess.

Lee County, Florida

1983 FC35 3208T "Gen X Express"
1991 Toyota 4Runner TOAD or
1980 Camaro TOAD

danahcks@aol.com