Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Frequently Asked Questions > Blue Bird Models and Blue Bird History

Blue Bird Models and Blue Bird History Here's where you can find information related to Blue Bird history. If you have Historical information such as brochures, pictures, advertisements, etc. this is the place to upload them.

Site Search:

Old 12-24-2018

For what it's worth, a few years ago I called coach net to help get me unstuck. I was in a COE park on a paved road. My trailer hitch got buried in the asphalt while I was making a turn on an decline. I couldn't pull forward nor could I reverse. Anyway, coach net said "no" since they considered it a "recovery". I tried to argue that it was a winch job, not a recovery. It's not like the bus was at the bottom of a lake! No luck. Coach Net told me to call my insurance company. Fortunately, I had the towing coverage and the insurance company came through for me. Because of that incident I'm not a fan of coach net.
Old 12-24-2018
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
For what it's worth, a few years ago I called coach net to help get me unstuck. I was in a COE park on a paved road. My trailer hitch got buried in the asphalt while I was making a turn on an decline. I couldn't pull forward nor could I reverse. Anyway, coach net said "no" since they considered it a "recovery". I tried to argue that it was a winch job, not a recovery. It's not like the bus was at the bottom of a lake! No luck. Coach Net told me to call my insurance company. Fortunately, I had the towing coverage and the insurance company came through for me. Because of that incident I'm not a fan of coach net.

Hi Kev!
I always look at stuff in a weird light i guess.
But,think about this,if the tow truck comes out and winches you ahead,and your trailer hitch tears up the road,whos liable to fix the road?

All of us have been stuck,or will get stuck,but i find it funny that your mistake got you stuck and now your mad at coachnet?
Is that weird?

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 12-24-2018

Good Sam $60 for 3 year membership is good for when you need a water pressure regulator at Camping World or a good rate at a campsite. Road service, insurance, et.c. - not so much! AAA Premier RV or Coachnet as others have suggested. Merry Christmas!
chip@collectorsco.com / 804-357-4926
2004 M380 101k/22xx hours
1987 FC35 TMU/42xx hours
Former: 90 SP36, 92 WB40, 85 FC35SB & others
Old 12-24-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
Hi Kev!
I always look at stuff in a weird light i guess.
But,think about this,if the tow truck comes out and winches you ahead,and your trailer hitch tears up the road,whos liable to fix the road?

All of us have been stuck,or will get stuck,but i find it funny that your mistake got you stuck and now your mad at coachnet?
Is that weird?
Yeah, that's weird.

I'm not mad at coach net because I got stuck. Heck, I'm not mad at coach net at all. I am, however, disappointed that they didn't help me like I believe they should have. I get what you're saying but I honestly don't think the thought of damaging the asphalt ever crossed the mind of the coach net representative. She just kept stating that it was considered a "recovery" and that it wasn't covered. Having been there and seen the situation first hand, it would be a stretch to think that coach net denied me because of their fear of incidental damages in that particular instance. But, who knows? Maybe you're right. Only one who knows for sure is coach net, and when it was all said and done they didn't want to talk about it.
Old 12-24-2018
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
Yeah, that's weird.

I'm not mad at coach net because I got stuck. Heck, I'm not mad at coach net at all. I am, however, disappointed that they didn't help me like I believe they should have. I get what you're saying but I honestly don't think the thought of damaging the asphalt ever crossed the mind of the coach net representative. She just kept stating that it was considered a "recovery" and that it wasn't covered. Having been there and seen the situation first hand, it would be a stretch to think that coach net denied me because of their fear of incidental damages in that particular instance. But, who knows? Maybe you're right. Only one who knows for sure is coach net, and when it was all said and done they didn't want to talk about it.

OK,we agree,its weird!
Ha!
Have you read the coachnet contract? (i have not),just wondering how its worded?

I wonder what AAA would have done if it was a car hungup like that?

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 12-24-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
OK,we agree,its weird!
Ha!
Have you read the coachnet contract? (i have not),just wondering how its worded?

I wonder what AAA would have done if it was a car hungup like that?

Oh, heck. I can't remember the exact wording of the contract but I do remember it provided winch (extraction) service. Or at least it was supposed to.

I've seen AAA come out to some pretty interesting situations. I bet you have, too. But I'll save that for another thread some other time.

Bottom line is, we plan ahead, do our research, get what we get and hope that the provider is there for us when we need them. I learned that it helps to have a plan B (RV insurance with towing coverage) just in case plan A (Coach Net) doesn't work.
Old 12-24-2018

AAA tend to pick pretty good tow providers, particularly for the big stuff. I had a Hodges Hauler (1.5 ton GMC with a 20' ramp bed) that had a brake line fail. Managed to get it and the trailer I was towing off the road. I was totally covered, big stinger truck came as did another truck to retrieve the trailer. Was sorted out same day.
chip@collectorsco.com / 804-357-4926
2004 M380 101k/22xx hours
1987 FC35 TMU/42xx hours
Former: 90 SP36, 92 WB40, 85 FC35SB & others
Old 12-24-2018

Whether it’s AAA, Good Sam or Coachnet, at the end of the day it’s a human being making a decision on the final action. Depending upon what level of management you’re dealing with the response is going to be inconsistent. The guy making the call in North Carolina may say no way and his boss may interpret the situation differently and make a different call. My guess is that the lower level is more inclined to deny, deny, deny if it’s a questionable call. Folks don’t often get fired for trying to save the company money. Further up on the food chain management has more HP and can weather the storm of making a bad call and by that I mean a bad call for the Company.
At the end of the day it’s gonna be who you deal with and how you present your case. Document your conversations and make sure the person on the other end knows you’re doing so. Keep moving up the chain as far as necessary or as far as you can. Be nice, reasonable and firm.

Bob Sumners
1993 WB
1983 PT35 Sold
Old 12-25-2018

Or, forget any of the roadside plans and just figure its the kind of thing that doesn't happen too often. Figure on calling and arranging your own service/tow/recovery and it costs what it costs. I think there was a thread on insurance where someone said its a gamble. Same thing here. I guess the difference is that it may take some time to find the right guy to help you out, but with cell phones/internet, its much easier than it ever used to be.

Sky Cheney
1998 43' LXi #F119728
Lansing, Michigan
Old 12-25-2018

This, it's hard world out there, self reliance is required.^^^
Germantown, WI/Myrtle ID
www.AutoTransDesign.com

http://s767.photobucket.com/user/mhohnstein/library/