Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > General Discussion > New Members

New Members New members to the forum are welcomed here.

Site Search:

Old 07-21-2009

Default New owner of 2004 M380

Hello, I just purchased a 2004 M380 and am having issues with it. It is I'm sure my falt as I can't understand everything that I read as fast as I need to.
I drove it 1250 miles with no problems except I can't get the TV system figgured out yet? But my main problem now is I spent one night in a campground that had 50amp and when I plugged into it only one AC worked?
I switched to the other side on the electric podium and it also would only let me use one AC? I thought that it was probably the camp site was low voltage?
Anyway, eberything works fine when the gen is running.
When I got it home I plugged it in on my 30amp where I plugged my RV before and the Sima flashes and there is some kind of whinning noise in that compartment?
I turned off the Inverter and all lights and noise stops but after a while the RC7GS tells me that the batteries are low.
Can I not just leave the coach parked and not plug it in?
I just wanted to keep the batteries up.
Can someone give me a hint as to what I am doing wrong?
Thanks,
Terry
Old 07-21-2009
Can't re-member

Terry,

Until someone else answers with knowledge of the M380's that I don't have, I will advise that with all Wanderlodges you need to stay plugged in while parked if at all possible. Thats not to say that you can't dry camp for several days but as a rule of thumb there is enough draw from various "things" that when storing a 'bird it should be plugged in or you will seriously drain your batteries. Now if it was only a couple of days and your batteries were badly drained then you have an issue to look into. Something must be on or running. Again you should be able to dry camp (another owner will have to say for how long) when you want to but other than that try to leave her plugged in. IMHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Hester View Post
Hello, I just purchased a 2004 M380 and am having issues with it. It is I'm sure my falt as I can't understand everything that I read as fast as I need to.
I turned off the Inverter and all lights and noise stops but after a while the RC7GS tells me that the batteries are low.
Can I not just leave the coach parked and not plug it in?
I just wanted to keep the batteries up.
Can someone give me a hint as to what I am doing wrong?
Thanks,
Terry

John Stiles
1980 33FC
"My Navion". SOLD
Stockbridge, GA
Old 07-21-2009

Default New to me M380

Hello:

I happen to be the owner of a 2004 M380. Let's see if we can help you get the air conditioners sorted out.

First, the switches on the dash must both be set to on if you want to run both air conditioners.

Second the thermostat must be set to air condition for both zones. The zones are 1 and 2 and are set by selecting the zone by the bottom switch on the thermostat. Before you can run both air conditioners simultaneously you need to have 50 amps supplies to the coach. Look at the guages above the door and make sure both legs are showing 120 volts. If not only one air conditioner will work. If everything works when the generator is running I suspect it is a situation of not having 50 amps.

Give that a try and let's see what happens. I am on the road but try to check this site each night. Good Luck

Amateur Radio - KG7V
Old 07-21-2009

I need to know if your statement that "Everything works fine when generator is running" means that both airs come on when generator is started. If this is true then the problem has to be from the end of your 50amp power cord to somewhere inside the transfer switch. Since the generator energizes the relays in the transfer switch after a 20 second warm up and supplies AC voltage to your breaker panel in the bedroom I have to think that everything is set correctly and working "INSIDE" the coach. If it wasn't then the 2nd air would not work with generator running.

You should be able to run both airs off of your 30amp hookup at house you mentioned. Turn them on one at a time with everything else off and you will be pulling about 24amps. You have to know how to set everything else in the coach to minimum AC use including battery charger/inverter which can pull up to 30amps.

Without anymore info my best guess right now is the "Transfer Switch". Please be sure you know what your doing before working in this area and if you do......
1. Unplug shore power and don't forget that that the inverter supplies AC power also
2. Screwdriver all terminals looking for loose screws and burnt terminals

Lloyd Chaffin
2004 m380
Old 07-21-2009

Thanks for the quick response. When I plug it into the 30amp land line I turn the inverter "off" and the crazy stuff will stop in the overhead compartment. I set the RC7GS to 20amp. Is this the proper way to keep it stored when not in use? I can't find any information on the procedure for anything!
I read on a post that there is a CD that has the PDF manual for the M380, where can I download a copy?
Terry
Old 07-22-2009

Welcome Terry,

The 2004 M380 manuals are available on this site and can be downloaded. Go to "Frequently Asked Questions" for the link.

These are complex machines--thankfully lots of help on this site.
Cat 3208ATAAC-300
12.5kw Kohler/Yanmar (w/slide)
"Magic carpet made of steel"
Steve Goodman 1970

"You never fail until you stop trying".
Old 07-22-2009

The error was mine, I found that the land line breaker was thrown, everything seems OK now. Thanks very much for the help.
Terry
Old 07-22-2009

Now that that crisis has past, can someone help me with my TracVision L3. The previous owner was a Direct user, I use Dish. The manual dosen't say anything about doing anything in the dome, but a service rep at a Camper World that I stopped at said that I needed to remove the dome and "switch" two switches? Is there a web site out there that will instruct me on this?
Regards,
Terry
Old 07-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Hester View Post
Now that that crisis has past, can someone help me with my TracVision L3. The previous owner was a Direct user, I use Dish. The manual dosen't say anything about doing anything in the dome, but a service rep at a Camper World that I stopped at said that I needed to remove the dome and "switch" two switches? Is there a web site out there that will instruct me on this?
Regards,
Terry
I had Dish. They called and asked where the control boxes were located. When I said one was in my coach, they informed me the coach box needed a separate contract. I called Direct TV. Direct said a box in the coach does not need a separate contract...so I switched to Direct TV.

Call TracVision and talk with them. I have found them to be very helpful.

Good luck.

1987 PT38 8V92 "MacAttack Racing" FOR SALE
1974 FC31 534 gas engine, air brakes (sold)
Anaheim Hills, Calif.
714 269-6187

Do Not Send PM (Private Messages) Please
curtsprenger@gmail.com
Old 07-22-2009
Can't re-member

KVH has a great web site although it takes a little digging for older model info. Try this link:

http://www.kvh.com/products/Product.asp?id=13

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtsprenger View Post
I had Dish. They called and asked where the control boxes were located. When I said one was in my coach, they informed me the coach box needed a separate contract. I called Direct TV. Direct said a box in the coach does not need a separate contract...so I switched to Direct TV.

Call TracVision and talk with them. I have found them to be very helpful.

Good luck.

John Stiles
1980 33FC
"My Navion". SOLD
Stockbridge, GA