Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Under The Awning

Under The Awning Here is where you can carry on a conversation, just like............well, like you were sitting under your awning at the campsite.

Site Search:

Old 02-11-2010

Default Insurance issue

I am looking for a little feed back on this my 2000 GMC Yukon was hit while parked the left rear quarter panel and bumper was hit hard. The adjuster told me it is totaled. They will give me about $9800 or if I keep it they will give me about $5000. Here is the problem on this short notice I can't seem to fine anything to replace it for the money they are offering. I am sure if I have a week or so I might be able to track something down it is just expensive while I am running around. Any bright ideas.

Thanks Denny
Currently Killeen, TX
727 631 3844

1980 FC 33' SB
Old 02-11-2010

Denny, Can you still drive your Yukon?
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 02-11-2010
RV Appraiser

Denny, As an appraiser FWIW, you could dispute the adjustors claim, but that would require an independent appraisal costing 150 - 250 plus the time you may have to wait for a ruling. If it has to go to court and you loose you've lost even more. You should be able to find a 2000 Yukon for the money the insurance is offering, have you checked local banks & auto auction companies for repos.
Louisville, KY/Jeffersonville, IN
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Our Blog
Our Location
https://allwheelappraisals.com/
Email or call only - please do not send PM

johns.mcginnis @ hotmail.com
502-417-5681
.,=====o00
//___l__,\____\,___
l_--- \___l----[]lllllll[]
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_

Last edited by birds_first; 02-11-2010 at 09:41 PM.
Old 02-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCayman View Post
I am looking for a little feed back on this my 2000 GMC Yukon was hit while parked the left rear quarter panel and bumper was hit hard. The adjuster told me it is totaled. They will give me about $9800 or if I keep it they will give me about $5000. Here is the problem on this short notice I can't seem to fine anything to replace it for the money they are offering. I am sure if I have a week or so I might be able to track something down it is just expensive while I am running around. Any bright ideas.

Thanks Denny
Currently Killeen, TX
Denny, you didn't say what mileage, of its a regular or XL. Either way, I did a quick scan of Autotrader, there are a few over 10K, but most are under, so if they are giving you almost $10K I say take it and run. I found one for $5K with about 100K miles. When you say you can't find anything to replace it, what do you mean? In your area? With the options you have? In one day of looking?
VB 1570
Old 02-11-2010

I travel all the time so it is a little tough trying to figure out where to go in a new town. I know I will figure it out I was wander if there was a way to get the insurance company to come up with more money. This week is a moving week for me so I am all tied up with the logistics of getting the new tent sale up and running. I know if I hang on to the damaged Yukon I will never get it fixed for the 5000 or be able to sell it. And hunting for a used one with the same milage and accessories just takes a lot of time. Sorry to ramble on just trying to get some ideas.

Denny
currently Killeen, TX
727 631 3844

1980 FC 33' SB
Old 02-11-2010

They tried that on me I told them no they fixed my suv and gave it back with a clean title. It worked no reacord on the title. big fix
82 FC 33 250 left me for another
Sumner Wa.
Old 02-11-2010

Default Wrecked Yukon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCayman View Post
I travel all the time so it is a little tough trying to figure out where to go in a new town. I know I will figure it out I was wander if there was a way to get the insurance company to come up with more money. This week is a moving week for me so I am all tied up with the logistics of getting the new tent sale up and running. I know if I hang on to the damaged Yukon I will never get it fixed for the 5000 or be able to sell it. And hunting for a used one with the same milage and accessories just takes a lot of time. Sorry to ramble on just trying to get some ideas.

Denny
currently Killeen, TX
You don't have to take the settlement that they offer. I have had to deal with a couple of wrecked Tahoe's and Suburbans over the years. I never took the first offer. Do your homework find all the highest comparable values to back up your claim. I got my parents 2 grand more for their wrecked Suburban. I have access to all kinds of values being a used car dealer; they squealed but paid up. The salvage amount seems high also. I can look up the NADA value tomorrow for it if you wish. Give me the particulars on it and I will look it up.

Member of the 2-bird Club
93 WB-40
83 PT-40

2007 Jeep Wrangler 4-door