Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters

HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters Questions and information about the wide variety of Heating and Air Conditioning as well as Water Heater systems available are discussed here.

Site Search:

Old 10-27-2011

Default 94 pt40 electric heat

cannot get front under cabnet electric heat to work,i have removed all and have full access,i blew it out with air all i get is a click.Best I can tell this is a newer style not affect by recall as there is no thermostat on front of unit,any trouble shooting ideas or is there somebody that works on these
Old 10-27-2011

Default Heater

Quote:
Originally Posted by wunshliste View Post
cannot get front under cabnet electric heat to work,i have removed all and have full access,i blew it out with air all i get is a click.Best I can tell this is a newer style not affect by recall as there is no thermostat on front of unit,any trouble shooting ideas or is there somebody that works on these
Does it have power to it? I have to have my a/c switches on for mine to work.

Member of the 2-bird Club
93 WB-40
83 PT-40

2007 Jeep Wrangler 4-door
Old 10-27-2011

Okay MR Mark take the rest of the day off!You Sir are 100 percent correct!!!!!!I figure about 3 more years I will know how this thing works lol,I owe you one for sure,it had some power as I could here a click up there from the thermostat but it was to far away to tell exactly where it was coming from,volt meter showed just some low volts.THANKYOU
Old 10-27-2011

Default 94 pt40 electric heat

Dana: As you found out, the front toe heater requires the front A/C switch to be in the "on" position. The heat is then acivated by moving the thermostat which is normally in the galley to "heat". The "cool" position would be for the "kool-o-Matic" ceiling fan The A/C unit does not have to be switched on at the thermostat.

For some mysterious reason (to me at least), the bathroom toe heater works solely from the thermostat on the wall in the head. "On" or "Off"

Temperature of both heaters is just like you analog thermostat at home.

Cleaning them out is not a bad idea since they tend to accumulate a lot of "dust bunnies" and make sure your heaters are not the ones that were recalled. There is archived information on this forum about the model that was recalled.

You will soon find out the heaters work very well in keeping the coach warm when it is cold but not way down to and below freezing.

I run mine all the time when my coach is parked and not traveling in the winter. A small ceramic "milking heater" in the front basement bay will keep your basement warm.

40 watt bulbs on a long extention cord and hung in your outside wash station and another in the bay where your fresh water pumps are located will keep them from freezing.
Old 10-27-2011
Campground Owner

Dana

I will be outside working in the drive on mine this weekend. Stop by if you like.
630-621-5410
www.xcreekrv.com
35°31'08.6"N 83°03'38.8"W
Old 11-05-2011

Quote:
Best I can tell this is a newer style not affect by recall as there is no thermostat on front of unit,any trouble shooting ideas or is there somebody that works on these
Dana-

I think you may be making an incorrect assumption about the recall. My unit did not have a thermostat on the front of the heater--just the wall thermostat--but it did have the very fine wire elements that get hot enough to become a fire hazard if enough dust accumulates on them. You can get bolt-in replacements for $100-150 each (with larger heating elements) and the peace of mind is worth the money, IMHO.
(Previously Pair of Jacks)
Saint Petersburg, FL
Old 11-05-2011

thanks Jim i do indeed have the fine wire elements,where did you purchase replacements
Old 11-05-2011

Dana, this link may help.

http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.co...ighlight=cadet

Scroll down to post #38 for "where to buy".

Quote:
thanks Jim i do indeed have the fine wire elements,where did you purchase replacements
SOLD 89 FC in 2012; SOLD 88 WB in 2016
Rolla, MO 65401