Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Engine

Engine Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach's engine.

Site Search:

Old 02-03-2010
davidmbrady

Default Stainless Steel Exhaust, '97 WB thru LXi

Folks,

I received my stainless steel exhaust bits today. These are drop in replacements for your existing OEM parts. They're available from:

Roger at: www.bhtubes.com

Price: $950 for the set. I have no financial interest

The material is 304 stainless, 16 gauge. These particular pipes have a brushed finish, and frankly could use a bit of cleanup. I just pulled them out of the box. I'm sure Roger would polish them to a mirror finish if asked. The welds are beautifully stiched. I still need to do a test fit, but the match between old and new looks perfect. Very pleased. I'll be using Westfalia's Triple-S flexible hose to connect the two. Once I identify the length and the clamps I'll be sure to post that information too. Enjoy.

Last edited by davidmbrady; 02-03-2010 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Fixed Typo
Old 02-03-2010
cmillsap

David,

VERRRRY NICE

Chuck
Old 02-03-2010
davidmbrady

Thanks Chuck,

I've been aching to get rid of those rusty old pipes for some time. At this point every pipe is done in stainless; should look and run good. Now if I can only find time to work on it!
Old 02-03-2010

That's one of the things I love about stainless. You can polish it up to look almost like chrome. Sweet stuff. Of course, now you've got something more to shine!

don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- poor products with poor support
Old 02-03-2010
davidmbrady

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxdwg View Post
That's one of the things I love about stainless. You can polish it up to look almost like chrome. Sweet stuff. Of course, now you've got something more to shine!
Yikes, not me. I prefer the monster garage look, the ratrod look, raw welds and brushed steel. Fit's well with a Wanderlodge.
Old 02-04-2010
davidmbrady

Folks,

One thing that I'd like to add is that Roger at www.bhtubes is very interested in expanding his product line. If you have need for a new tube, doesn't matter if you want steel, aluminized steel, aluminum, or stainless, Roger will work with you to reproduce the part. He'll do CAC, intake, coolant, exhaust, and more. He can work with diameters up to 5" OD. He's very keen on getting BlueBird part numbers for the parts that he makes so that others can search on body type (FC, PT, SP, WB, LX, LXI, M380, M450) and part number. Once he has an original in his hands, he digitizes it, and it's then forever available as a reproduction in whatever material you want. He's a great resource, a real nice guy, and his prices are good. NFI
Old 02-04-2010
davidmbrady

Folks,

For custom mufflers contact Pittsburgh Power. I had them make this for me:

http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.co...ead.php?t=5331
Old 02-05-2010
davidmbrady

Folks,

Yesterday I bolted up the S-Pipe, perfect fit. Pics coming.
Old 02-06-2010
davidmbrady

Here's a pic of the "S-Pipe" fit. Please pardon the filth in the engine compartment. That'll be fixed soon!

Old 02-07-2010
Grand Curmudgeon

David,

Does the bracket just above the turbo and slightly behind the up-turn of the s-pipe, have a clamp that fits around the pipe and locates attaches it firmly to the engine? If so, then we *do* have the same exhaust.

Paul LaZar
St. Augustine, FL
Former owner of Ziggy
97 wb43