Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > General

General Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach that are not covered in other Mechanic's Corner categories (ex. refrigerators, water heaters, and compressors).

Site Search:

Old 08-02-2010

Default HWH "Excess Slope" Indicator

All:

My HWH levrling system has been working like it should. Today when I started the system to extend the jacks, the "excess slope" light came on - jacks would not extend.

My HWH manual says the excess slope light means the auto leveling system will not level the coach. No "trouble shooting" suggestions given in the manual.

Have not had time on this trip to check the problem out so I thought I would ask for comments or suggestions. Fuse blown? fluid low? etc?
Old 08-03-2010

Are you parked where you normally are?

don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- poor products with poor support
Old 08-03-2010

Tommy,
That same light came on for me recently. I called George at Bleakley and he said to cut all power to the coach first and then check the fuse on the HWH system. I did both and the jacks extended. You know me, I'm not into the technical stuff but I would try simple first.
"Always Something"
Old 08-03-2010

Make sure you have not bumped this unit and knocked it out of whack. On my coach its in the wide open screamin to be knocked out of adjustment with a head, arm, object. Just a thought.

Last edited by Somervillebus; 08-03-2010 at 09:07 PM.
Old 08-03-2010

Thanks, John, Terry & Slim:

No, we are not where we normally are parket:

Tried to let the jacks down on a faily level lot in Carthage, TX. It would start then quit with the excess slope light coming on. Since then we have had goo virtually 100% level lots in Texas and New Mexico.

My HWH system is sealed and the do-hickey you referred to Slim is n ot in the open.

When we get to a good stopping place between here (Deming, NM) San Diego and Moro Bay CA, I'll pull the "box" cover off and check the fuses.

I've already checked the fluid and its full.

Thanks, yall!

Terry, wish you and Cathy were traveling with us (100 degree plus on the road). Bird running great, but my oil pressure gauge is acting up again - does what it is supposed to do for several hours, trhen begins to act like a hummingbird on crack. I believe I have more power, more response and better efficiency since the new muffler install and the cracked manifold replaced.

Deming, NM today, Tucson/Tombstone tomorrow, Yuma in a couple of days then a week in SD and then 4 days at Moro Bay. After than, I don't know where we'll wind up. May join the Krisnas (sp) and sell poppies at LAX (Martha and I would look good in those saffron robes and playing tamborines - don't you think?) Course we would come back to the world before RATS
Old 08-03-2010

Four Days at Morro Bay? I just came back from Pismo Beach and visited Morro. You have relatives there or just like the area?

I assume you know the local restaurants in Morro and Cayucos.
1999, Jeep Cherokee, Toad
1970, VW Baja Bug, Alternate Toad

Last edited by bwinter1946; 08-04-2010 at 10:46 AM. Reason: SP
Old 08-04-2010

Brad:

No, I don't have any kin at Moro Bay. One of my assistants spent some time there several years ago and loved it. We thought it would be a good addition to our agenda.

Give me some skinny on the local restuarants, please.

Thanks
Old 08-04-2010

OK.

In Morro Bay we think the best seafood is at Giovanni's Fish Market. However they only do take out or outside patio eating. Very casual but fresh fish and good. For a sit down dinner at a nice Restaurant we also like the Harbor Hut. Great American Fish Company is also a good restaurant. All these restaurants are on the main drag near the water. (Front and Embarcadero Street)

In Cayucos (10 Minutes North of Morro) we like the Sea Shanty good seafood and terrific ice cream deserts that would need to be shared. (Too big for one) We also like Schooner's Wharf. Upstairs at the bar has a great view if the weather is cooperating and not to windy.

If you get up to Cambria we like the Main Street Grill for Bar-b-Que. One of our favorites is the Sows Ear. Excellent food but reservations are required most evenings. Robin's Restaurant is good also.

Hope that helps.
1999, Jeep Cherokee, Toad
1970, VW Baja Bug, Alternate Toad
Old 08-11-2010

Good morning from beautiful San Diego, CA:

I had previously posted a problem with my HWH Jacks. I e-mailed HWH and got a prompt response (great customer oriented company). Response as follows:

"Sounds like a bum pressure switch on the manifold. What you can do is go to the hydraulic manifold and unplug the system pressure switch and run the system. If the system works just fine replace the pressure switch. If it still hits excess slope the issue is up the line someplace and further trouble shooting will be required.

If the pressure switch is the issue you will need an rap0993 and it will cost you $95.61 plus freight and I do have them in stock.

If you want to order this part you can call our parts department at 1-800-321-3494 or 1-563-724-3396 between 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM central time and they can order it for you.

If you have any other questions feel free to contact me.

Thank you
Joe Portelli"

As you see, the suggestion was a bad hydraulic manifold pressure switch. The tech at HWH suggested I remove the pressure switch and run the system. If the jacks work, then I need to replace the switch. Anybody suggest where the switch is located and what does it look like?
Old 08-11-2010

Should be up underneath the passenger front corner, kind of behind the steps. I couldn't tell you specifically which one it is. I don't think you can access it from up top, either.

don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- poor products with poor support