Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > General

General Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach that are not covered in other Mechanic's Corner categories (ex. refrigerators, water heaters, and compressors).

Site Search:

Old 12-03-2010
Thor

Default Need odd parts, Parts to give away, Trans Retarder, Trans Temp, Air Press. Problems

I have just finished a complete paint job on my 1989 PT40. As a result I have some extra parts and need some new ones.
We painted the complete roof with silver truck bed liner including the air conditioner covers and mobile satellite antennae. The cover for the 12v forward cab air unit is beyond repair. Where can I find a replacement?
The 23 ft awning was replaced as well. It is still available from ZIPDee in Chicago for about $2000.
I replaced all signal and marker lighting with new LED units. The old square Hella lighting fixtures on the back ( 4 on each side ) are still in good shape. If anyone needs one or all, they are free for the asking.
I replaced the entire sound system with a new double DIN Pioneer combination AM/FM/DVD/SAT radio and backup camera unit. With an adapter plate it fits nicely where the old backup monitor was located. Likewise all the old Wandersound components and camera are available for the asking.
I replaced the exhaust system with another 15" x 36" stock muffler ( still available from United muffler in Canada for just $325). I left the old exhaust on the Alaska highway right outside of Whitehorse. We also lost two aluminum wheels from the same alaskan highway. For those of you who still have the original aluminum 22.5" wheels, it is a good idea to check them for cracks. It has been my experience on over the road trucks/buses that 20-25 years is about all you are going to get out of al wheels before they will stress crack. It already had two new wheels when I bought the coach 10 months ago.
I have lost several of the Dzus quarter turn quick connect fasteners that retain the front electrical control panel. Where can one find replacements?
I need some advice on troubleschooting the tranny retarder. It works when I turn it on. However, two issues arise instantly. The allison oil temp climbs over 100 degrees in about 20 seconds and will peg the gauge it I let it. At the same time the chassis brake air pressure drops from 120 psi to less than 80 psi in the same amount time.
Old 12-03-2010
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niels Hansen View Post
I have just finished a complete paint job on my 1989 PT40. As a result I have some extra parts and need some new ones.
We painted the complete roof with silver truck bed liner including the air conditioner covers and mobile satellite antennae. The cover for the 12v forward cab air unit is beyond repair. Where can I find a replacement?
The 23 ft awning was replaced as well. It is still available from ZIPDee in Chicago for about $2000.
I replaced all signal and marker lighting with new LED units. The old square Hella lighting fixtures on the back ( 4 on each side ) are still in good shape. If anyone needs one or all, they are free for the asking.
I replaced the entire sound system with a new double DIN Pioneer combination AM/FM/DVD/SAT radio and backup camera unit. With an adapter plate it fits nicely where the old backup monitor was located. Likewise all the old Wandersound components and camera are available for the asking.
I replaced the exhaust system with another 15" x 36" stock muffler ( still available from United muffler in Canada for just $325). I left the old exhaust on the Alaska highway right outside of Whitehorse. We also lost two aluminum wheels from the same alaskan highway. For those of you who still have the original aluminum 22.5" wheels, it is a good idea to check them for cracks. It has been my experience on over the road trucks/buses that 20-25 years is about all you are going to get out of al wheels before they will stress crack. It already had two new wheels when I bought the coach 10 months ago.
I have lost several of the Dzus quarter turn quick connect fasteners that retain the front electrical control panel. Where can one find replacements?
I need some advice on troubleschooting the tranny retarder. It works when I turn it on. However, two issues arise instantly. The allison oil temp climbs over 100 degrees in about 20 seconds and will peg the gauge it I let it. At the same time the chassis brake air pressure drops from 120 psi to less than 80 psi in the same amount time.

Neils,

You have so many topics in your thread here that I can't figure out where to put it. Normally we ask that you separate the topics into separate threads so that the same topic is discussed in each thread, but this one will be all over the place, but I'm going to move this to the Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > General and hope that all of your questions and offers get replies.

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 12-03-2010
Sandwichs de Glace

Niels,

We'll take your old Hella square lighting fixtures from the back of your coach!!!

PM us with info, when you get the chance.

MnM
2008 Subaru Outback 2.5XT
Old 12-03-2010

Default Red Dot Condenser on Ebay

[QUOTE=Niels Hansen;83849]I have just finished a complete paint job on my 1989 PT40. As a result I have some extra parts and need some new ones.
[QUOTE]

Niels, if your condenser is also shot, a new Red Dot, (Thermo King) is available on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33547

The unit appears to be new but the ID tag reads 4-2006.
SOLD 89 FC in 2012; SOLD 88 WB in 2016
Rolla, MO 65401
Old 12-03-2010
Wanderlodge lover

Would love to see some before and after pictures on your paint job, thinking of doing mine the first part of next year.
Charlotte NC
Old 12-03-2010

I would like the Wandersound components if still available. Also any manuals for same. PM me. Thanx, KC
"Bordering On Adequate"
Old 12-03-2010
Administrator

Yes ,I only need the two channel Blaupunkt amp.
Old 12-03-2010

replaced the exhaust system with another 15" x 36" stock muffler ( still available from United muffler in Canada for just $325). I left the old exhaust on the Alaska highway right outside of Whitehorse.

I can see that I should raise my prices on our mufflers
you can get the fasteners from aircraft spruce

Email stephen@dupreeproducts.com
www.dupreeproducts.com
Telephone 888 668 4288
cell 716 220 1267 or 905 246 4295
Please use email or telephone to contact
Old 12-03-2010
Forum owner

On the retarder.
Its operated by air.
On the top rear of the tranny theres an air cylinder that actuates the retarder,i suspect this cylinder is leaking,causing air pressure to drop.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 12-06-2010
Thor

First come first served on the free parts. Call me at 352 228 0333.