Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > 'Bird Projects & Modifications

'Bird Projects & Modifications Share with us that latest project or modification that you have done to your 'Bird right here.

Site Search:

Old 09-18-2020

Thanks for all the positive feedback
Riveted
Old 09-18-2020
Administrator

Excellent
Old 09-19-2020

Paul you did a great job yo will enjoy the Samsung

CARL & DONA BRORUP
EATONTON, GEORGIA
1998 40' LX BODY # F 120221
2015 jeep Wrangler unlimited
k9 Cougar GSD EOW 4/22/019
K9 LUCY(LU LU) Aussie
K9 Sasha von GSD (EOW 4/1/015) WOG 2014
KB4WNJ & KE4SIL
706-473-0750 email kb4wnj@aol.com
Old 09-19-2020

Default Nice work. To others - get the GE!

Excellent installation.

It’s a pity Paul didn’t go the extra $500 and upgrade to the GE. Just spent all summer off-grid with mine and the difference between the two is night and day. Ignoring the reliability factor... the GE holds more while fitting in the same space. For example, there are 6 one gallon milk jug sized shelves on the doors where the Samy only has two, and that folding shelf works great for tall wine bottles. Even better is that the GE is WAY more energy efficient! While the Samy compressor rarely shuts down completely overnight, the GE uses ZERO energy about 70% of the time . Although not required, I really like that I also upgraded to a dedicated Xantrex Freedom 1000 watt inverter. It’s more efficient than the big Magnum even in standby. With Xantrex/GE combo and the Magnum not powered up over night, I found that overnight energy draw would be on average at least 100 Ah less than with my prior Samy/Magnum combo going. When you’re out in the sticks, there’s also great peace-of-mind having a backup power source available.

To others considering a Samsung, do yourself a favor and review this thread first: https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.c...ad.php?t=35424

PS - Sawzalls are a great way to get old refers out, especially Samsung’s!
Old 09-19-2020

Van thank you for positive support on our installation. Our particular case was able to purchase and put on our truck now. GE was also available BUT was told it would be 4 to 6 weeks out.Maybe we made a mistake but time will tell. Thanks again.
Riveted
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGas View Post
Excellent installation.

It’s a pity Paul didn’t go the extra $500 and upgrade to the GE. Just spent all summer off-grid with mine and the difference between the two is night and day. Ignoring the reliability factor... the GE holds more while fitting in the same space. For example, there are 6 one gallon milk jug sized shelves on the doors where the Samy only has two, and that folding shelf works great for tall wine bottles. Even better is that the GE is WAY more energy efficient! While the Samy compressor rarely shuts down completely overnight, the GE uses ZERO energy about 70% of the time . Although not required, I really like that I also upgraded to a dedicated Xantrex Freedom 1000 watt inverter. It’s more efficient than the big Magnum even in standby. With Xantrex/GE combo and the Magnum not powered up over night, I found that overnight energy draw would be on average at least 100 Ah less than with my prior Samy/Magnum combo going. When you’re out in the sticks, there’s also great peace-of-mind having a backup power source available.

To others considering a Samsung, do yourself a favor and review this thread first: https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.c...ad.php?t=35424

Wow! You don't know Paul, $500 wasn't a problem, the wax on his motorcycle was more than that. I also have a Samsung and $100k worth of tools to cut it up with. Paul and I can do them both at the same time.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Wow I would never believe that I would be called pitiful on an open forum because I made an improvement to our coach that someone doesn't agree with. Van to my knowledge has never met me and knows nothing about me. If you want to have a discussion about a particular product open a thread and talk about it. Yes I did take it personally and the silence from moderators is unbelievable. Thanks to all who responded on WOG and personal phone calls.
Riveted
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fujimo View Post
Wow I would never believe that I would be called pitiful on an open forum because I made an improvement to our coach that someone doesn't agree with. Van to my knowledge has never met me and knows nothing about me. If you want to have a discussion about a particular product open a thread and talk about it. Yes I did take it personally and the silence from moderators is unbelievable. Thanks to all who responded on WOG and personal phone calls.

Paul i was running wide open with my hair on fire all day yesterday,my grand daughter is here and its her 16th Bday.
I was cooking and just busy.
She is still here and after i cook breakfast i will give you a call.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGas View Post
Excellent installation.

It’s a pity Paul didn’t go the extra $500 and upgrade to the GE

Quote:
Van thank you for positive support on our installation. Our particular case was able to purchase and put on our truck now. GE was also available BUT was told it would be 4 to 6 weeks out.Maybe we made a mistake but time will tell. Thanks again.
Sorry Paul, We do read every post and sometimes miss some things,
Sorry if you took this personal, Hopefully Van will explain.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Paul - if you took personal offense I am sorry and that certainly was not my intention. Your initial response to my comment made perfect sense, and I might’ve gone that way had my prior Samsung experience been different. Rest assured that my comment had nothing to do with you or your decision (which was the exact same one I made 5 years ago) and it certainly had nothing to do with the difference in money. My intention in posting was to spare others the needless pain, frustration and regret of going through what I did with my Samsung, and to remind others that there’s an alternative. I loved my Samy until it started acting up and hope yours serves you well. Again, I apologize to you or anyone else who may have taken offense.