Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > RV Lifestyle > Travel Tips - Fuel Prices

Travel Tips - Fuel Prices Everyone has travel tips. Share and discuss yours here with the rest of the group.

Site Search:

Old 12-10-2017

Default January trip to Phoenix Az

Planning a trip to Phoenix. I have reservations at the Motorcoach Resorr near I10. I will be there about 4 months. I’m taking my motorcycle for some touring and my Jeep for exploring. Any suggestions?
Old 12-10-2017

Come down to quartzsite gathering for a bit.

Melvin and Charlene Pierce
Scranton, ND
"Smoke N Mirrors" Royale Conversion
1990 PT40WB
Old 12-10-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmp View Post
Planning a trip to Phoenix. I have reservations at the Motorcoach Resorr near I10. I will be there about 4 months. I’m taking my motorcycle for some touring and my Jeep for exploring. Any suggestions?
Sun Screen and a very large hat.
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 12-10-2017

Take south route out due to weather
Q in Jan - http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.co...ad.php?t=29550
In Phoenix Area - Too many to list!
Burro Creek in Apr - http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.co...ad.php?t=29884
Take north route home - Vegas baby! Then make in-park reservations 6 mo ahead for Zion NP, Bryce NP, Glacier NP and Rocky Mtn NP. May be too late for Yellowstone NP at 12 mo ahead. Do Gros Ventre CG just south of Grand Teton NP - no reservations, just get there before 9 am)
Old 12-10-2017

Lots of good day trips on bike. 88 to Roosevelt Dam, 60 to Snow Flake, 87 to Payson. On the north side of town is 89 and 89A, Jerome, Prescott, Sedona. 89A has sections with vehicle length limits making it perfect for the bike.

Check out Congress Highway for the Jeep. Also lots of sand dunes in short drive. Not sure how familiar you are with AZ. Trails are plentiful, especially around Flagstaff.

I've ridden most of the bike loops, all are good with only a few straight lines. What bike are you bringing?
FLYING DUTCHMAN
Old 12-11-2017

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaaksma View Post
Lots of good day trips on bike. 88 to Roosevelt Dam, 60 to Snow Flake, 87 to Payson. On the north side of town is 89 and 89A, Jerome, Prescott, Sedona. 89A has sections with vehicle length limits making it perfect for the bike.

Check out Congress Highway for the Jeep. Also lots of sand dunes in short drive. Not sure how familiar you are with AZ. Trails are plentiful, especially around Flagstaff.

I've ridden most of the bike loops, all are good with only a few straight lines. What bike are you bringing?

I'm bringing my R1150R BMW, the HD Roadglide is too long to put end to end in the trailer with the Jeep. Plus the Beemer is lighter than the HD, better on my knees.
Old 12-11-2017

The Rockster will be in it's element out here.

http://www.motorcycleroads.com/best/?c=78
FLYING DUTCHMAN
Old 12-12-2017

Right now it is in the 60-70's here in Phoenix. North of here once you hit some elevation the weather is more winter like. Personally I haven't been back to Phoenix in 15 years, and it is huge now. And it feels like it lost what little SouthWest feel it had, now it is more like being in LA except all the buildings are tan, tan-pink, or brown (even stores with known colors like Lowes or Walmart have to blend in).

The city now spans all the way out to Apache Junction and is reaching for the next town. Probably not a bad area to scoop up some acreage if you can sit on it for 5-10 years the city will spread to you and some subdivision will buy it.

We were thinking of going up to the Grand Canyon or the Hover Dam, but it is in the teens up there. So we'll do those next time. If you stop in Tuscon on the way into Phoenix (highly recommend the Lazydays KOA in Tuscon) you could make a day trip to Nogales which stradles the US/Mexico boarder for some shopping and tiny beers.
1994 Wide Body #106048
"Going Galt"
bruce.griffin67@gmail.com
334-350-8564
Blue Bird Map

*Views expressed here are not supported, endorsed, or even “liked” by any agency or individual.
*Medicated for your comfort. Comfort not guaranteed. Experiences may vary.