Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > How To Protect Your RV Investment.

How To Protect Your RV Investment. This forum is set up to discuss insurance needs, terminology & where to go to get the best possible coverage for your needs. From time to time we will discuss the issues and differences in insurance coverage. When would an appraisal be in your best interest & how often should you have an appraisal and where one could obtain a certified appraisal.

Site Search:

Old 03-12-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
Thanks Rick.
Old 03-12-2018

Quote:
John, FMCA dropped their deal with Coach Net in 2013 or so. This is what they now use. https://site.fmca.com/fmca-roadside-rescue

I might add, We had Coach Net through FMCA. That was the reason we joined FMCA in the first place. When they dropped their deal with Coach Net, I dropped my deal with FMCA.

I just realized my Coachnet had expired, Coachnet requires signing up as $249 new customer.

Is Coach net still the go to, or will the new FMCA sponsored product suffice?
FLYING DUTCHMAN
Old 03-13-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaaksma View Post
I just realized my Coachnet had expired, Coachnet requires signing up as $249 new customer.

Is Coach net still the go to, or will the new FMCA sponsored product suffice?

Did you ask about the Basic program that just covers the bus? When I called they only mentioned the $249 program. When I commented that it was a big jump from prior years and I would have to look around I was offered the basic program. That basic works for me as I use AAA Auto Club for the cars.
1999, Jeep Cherokee, Toad
1970, VW Baja Bug, Alternate Toad
Old 03-13-2018

I have been towed and it was not pretty. Having said that, I learned a lot so I'll share.

None of these people have tow trucks, local towing companies provide the service so GS, FMCA, CN just pay the bill.

If you break down, do your homework before you call. Find out who the "big boy in town" is. Call them yourself and have a conversation with THEIR dispatcher about your needs. When you find the "right guy" to do the actual work, then call GS, FMCA, CN and TELL them who to call. Tell them they are the only people in the area that can perform the service you need. Tell them you are blocking traffic. Tell them whatever you have to to get them to call who YOU want. This worked with GS and they paid the bill even though they had no agreement with the provider I chose.
2000 LX40 ME "Angry Bird!"
Body# 129047
RShrimp@Yahoo.com
Old 03-17-2018

I just got a notice from Good Sams that they automatically upgraded me to their premium level for the duration of my contract and any renewals will have to be at the premium level if I want motorhome towing. It appears the premium level will run around $150 which is almost double what I'm paying now but still cheaper than the $250 coachnet wanted.
Brooks, GA
Kip Cindy & Cody
678-523-7920
Old 03-17-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by atckip View Post
I just got a notice from Good Sams that they automatically upgraded me to their premium level for the duration of my contract and any renewals will have to be at the premium level if I want motorhome towing. It appears the premium level will run around $150 which is almost double what I'm paying now but still cheaper than the $250 coachnet wanted.
Tell me what is going up in pricing!

Jim and Michele Walters
'93 WLWB
Bluebird of Happiness
F397772
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
2003 Harley Ultra Classic
260-224-1278
Larwill, IN
Old 03-19-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by atckip View Post
FWIW: Coach-Net is $250 on the web and if you call. The $250 program covers the bus plus all of your vehicles. However, after calling and questioning the high price I was offered the option of the "Basic" program for $99 per year. It only covers the bus. As I already have AAA for the other cars, I am OK with that. I bought a 3 year membership using the basic program.
1999, Jeep Cherokee, Toad
1970, VW Baja Bug, Alternate Toad
Old 03-20-2018

Quote:
I called Coach Net for a friend recently about their pricing. I was told that other levels were available after the first year. That first year is pricey for sure.
I was with Coachnet for many years. I carried the platinum level service, and paid extra for a second RV although they are never on the road at the same time. Each year the pricing went up. I just decided it was time to try something different.
Old 03-21-2018
Bluebird Bob

We've been with Coach Net now for 17 years.
Our most recent yearly bill is for the Basic ($99) as we have Progressive for the car.
Only have had to use them once a couple of years ago when the diff went out. Asked for a low boy as we were on the Oregon coast and the trees overhang on the roads to get to Coburg, OR for replacement.
Talked to the owner of the towing company---he's out of Coburg.
Told me they do the heavy hauling there for the Prevosts and the Marathon coaches and low boy them to the east coast for selling.
Said they would charge Coach Net $1,500 for my tow.
If I didn't want to use CN, he would charge me $900 for the tow.
CN paid without a quibble.
Only time we have used them so far...

There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works.
Old 03-21-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwinter1946 View Post
FWIW: Coach-Net is $250 on the web and if you call. The $250 program covers the bus plus all of your vehicles. However, after calling and questioning the high price I was offered the option of the "Basic" program for $99 per year. It only covers the bus. As I already have AAA for the other cars, I am OK with that. I bought a 3 year membership using the basic program.

Called, renewed for $99 under basic plan. Hope to never use.
FLYING DUTCHMAN