Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > PT & WB (Twin Axle Pusher Unique Issues)

PT & WB (Twin Axle Pusher Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your PT or WB model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it....list your PT Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 02-20-2018

Well still working on this project, had a devil of time getting the exhaust pipe out. Used Randy’s advice from an old thread to spray it and tap it over and over and over what a pain! Got a new one made but have not installed yet going to install insulation first.

When I bought the coach I was told the radiator fan only worked in high speed, was also told by a “mechanic” that it was running in low speed when they had the coach running. Before I started on this project I tried to get it in high speed by turning on the air conditioner (my belief on how it is suppose to work) no change. I hope to attach a photo of a “manifold” for the hoses going to the fan motor, is this the part which the speed of the fan? If so how if not what does? Notice in the pic two disconnected wires which I have no idea where they go, is the solenoid on the manifold suppose to have wires? Thanks in advance for any help!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	48CAA10D-B616-4BCC-ABE7-5C608F7892AD.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	197.4 KB
ID:	54051  
Old 02-20-2018
Forum owner

I see 3 wires,and its hard to tell but only one looks like its ever been crimped.
And i think thats a coil on top of the block with the hoses,it should have a wire or 2 going to it.
You need to check to see if theres a broken wire coming out of the coil.
Its a dirty thing! haa! i had to say it!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 02-20-2018

Dirty? You should have seen it before i cleaned it..... Only two wires but you do have good eyes cause neither one appears to have been crimped. Can not see anything coming from the coil. Guess next move is to try and remove so I can really have a look.
Old 02-20-2018
Forum owner

ahh,looked again,i see a zip tie that i was thinking was a butt connector.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 02-23-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbb View Post
C'mon down! Happy to show you what I don't know...probably best to just give me a call to set up a time that works for both of us. Yes radiator supply house has the rad now said I was only using about 25% of it.

Give me call 503-333-8270
Brian - what was the total time it took you to remove it?

Gerry
Old 02-23-2018

Are you asking about the radiator? If so I would guess about 4 hrs but everything around here is work on it when I can. The most time was spent on getting the screws out that held the guards in place.
Old 02-24-2018
John Wyatt – Administrator/Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbb View Post
Well still working on this project, had a devil of time getting the exhaust pipe out. Used Randy’s advice from an old thread to spray it and tap it over and over and over what a pain! Got a new one made but have not installed yet going to install insulation first.

When I bought the coach I was told the radiator fan only worked in high speed, was also told by a “mechanic” that it was running in low speed when they had the coach running. Before I started on this project I tried to get it in high speed by turning on the air conditioner (my belief on how it is suppose to work) no change. I hope to attach a photo of a “manifold” for the hoses going to the fan motor, is this the part which the speed of the fan? If so how if not what does? Notice in the pic two disconnected wires which I have no idea where they go, is the solenoid on the manifold suppose to have wires? Thanks in advance for any help!
That “manifold” in your attachment is the “Webster Relief valve”.

Normal Operation:

“Webster Relief valve” coil Energized = Low Speed Fan.

“Webster Relief valve” coil Not-Energized = High Speed Fan.

The coil on top of the “Webster Relief valve” needs two wires to make it work.

With no wires connected to the coil of your “Webster Relief valve” it would be not Energized which would normally result in the Hydraulic fan motor running at “High Speed” whenever the engine is running.

Have your Hydraulic Reservoir filters and your High Pressure Hydraulic Oil Filter been changed recently?
Body Number F095567
My Location: http://www.bbirdmaps.com/user1.cfm?user=4

1991 40' WB ...From 2008 - Present
1984 ½ PT-36 .From 2000 - 2008
1973 FC-31 .....From 1991 - 2001
Old 02-24-2018

Brian, Not sure if the rad is still out , but this is also a good time to replace the exhaust manifold gasket . Our 93WB rear bolts were inaccessible with the rad in but once removed piece of cake .

2000 LXI Single Slide
Ormond Beach, Florida
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME
alperna@yahoo.com
386 290 3444
www.fastcubes.com
Old 02-24-2018

Thanks Al I will have to think about that one seems I could be working on this project forever.

John thanks for the reply! Any idea where I might get a new coil and where the wires that go to the coil come from?

No the filters have not been replaced they will be before I am done, working on insulation right now. I am debating with myself if I should change the hydraulic hoses (fan and pwr steering) since I have easy access with radiator not in any thoughts? Also putting in new fan motor. Thanks again for the help!
Old 03-13-2018

Well new insulation is in, new fan motor in, new hydraulic hoses in, replaced filters in the hydraulic system, has taken way to long but it does look much better not new but better.
Before I put the radiator in I would like to ask if any of you folks ever changed the Webster relief valve solenoid? I have determined the two wires I was asking about previously do go to the solenoid so if I could just find a new one or an old one that works I can wrap up this project, or just put it back in and run it the way it has been running. Thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	59575CE0-CC70-4A44-91FE-7C63A02D3289.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	179.4 KB
ID:	54369