Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > LX and LXI (Unique Issues)

LX and LXI (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your LX or LXI model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THOSE ISSUES INVOLVED WITH ANY LAWSUIT.....list your LX and LXI Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 03-12-2018
WanderBee

Quote:
Originally Posted by isp2952 View Post
Jonathan, I don't know what your cabinet looks like but mine was all put together with clear silicone caulk at each seam and with metal angle brackets and screws. I took the brackets off and then literally had to cut the caulk and pry out the bottom of the cabinet along with a good whack of my hand. I found that both upper and lower cabinets for the fridge area were that way.
The bottom cabinet is held by 4 screws - 2 on each side. There was only a little bit of caulk and it actually came loose fairly easily. I will get it removed as soon as I can figure out how to get the last 2 screws out (they are not cooperating). I can already move the whole thing up and down fairly easily outside of where the 2 screws are still in place.

The top cabinet has angle brackets on either side of the back. There are 4 screws on each side and another 4 screws on the back of the cabinet. I cannot, however, see what is holding the front in place. I'm skeptical its just caulk given how solid it is but I might be wrong (won't be the first nor last time). I can't actually see any caulk to cut for that matter. If the answer is to remove the rear angle brackets first then I can do that.
Marietta, GA
Old 03-12-2018
1995 WB 42’ Series 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joatha View Post
Samsung RF18HFENBSR-2 - its a little different than what you are getting. Its a french door refrigerator with a bottom freezer.

Its listed at 70.125" tall. Right now, I'm at 69.5" from base to bottom of top cabinet.
Jonathan, if you have a chance, take some picture of the control box. I think it was mover from the top to the back.
Please use e mail instead of Private Message
Mallie@EuLake.com
Old 03-12-2018
WanderBee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallie Lennon View Post
Jonathan, if you have a chance, take some picture of the control box. I think it was mover from the top to the back.
I haven't actually purchased it yet. I need to get the space ready - or close to it - before buying. My plan is to have the delivery guys put it in the coach for me. So, I need everything ready to allow them to put it in there.

I will note that the pictures I have seen do have a small control box on the top front. I'm not sure if that's the one you are referring to or not. That's where you set the temperatures and the various controls for the refrigerator. Based on other pictures I have seen, that box goes back about 4-5 inches and then the refrigerator drops back to 68.75". If that box wasn't there, I think I could put it in there without even touching my top cabinet. Oh well!

If you look at the picture with the doors open you can see the controls at the top inside the doors.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Samsung-...SR-2/302577277
Marietta, GA
Old 03-12-2018

I think if I had it to do over again, I'd get the model with the ice and water in the door. The reason is that when the ice is made in the freezer, while making ice it goes down to about -20 degrees, making ice cream very hard to scoop. The repairman said that is normal. Perhaps it is more a question of where do you need the space, up or down. The ice in the door version may take more power as it uses heat to drop the ice cubes, whereas the repair guy said in the freezer it uses mechanical force by twisting. Sounds pretty old fashioned, but that is what he said.
Old 03-12-2018
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrueckwald View Post
I think if I had it to do over again, I'd get the model with the ice and water in the door. The reason is that when the ice is made in the freezer, while making ice it goes down to about -20 degrees, making ice cream very hard to scoop. The repairman said that is normal. Perhaps it is more a question of where do you need the space, up or down. The ice in the door version may take more power as it uses heat to drop the ice cubes, whereas the repair guy said in the freezer it uses mechanical force by twisting. Sounds pretty old fashioned, but that is what he said.
Twisted ice makes better vodka drinks!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 03-12-2018

Now there's a concept, twisted ice. Patent it, Randy, you might make a fortune. ...well, forget it, you might want to buy a Prevost, and that just wouldn't seem right.
Old 03-12-2018
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrueckwald View Post
Now there's a concept, twisted ice. Patent it, Randy, you might make a fortune. ...well, forget it, you might want to buy a Prevost, and that just wouldn't seem right.
No prevost for me Ron.
I like dirt roads and i hear that if you have a prevost you can't drive on dirt roads?
I'm really liking my 35' Bird.
If only i had time to finish it!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 03-12-2018
1995 WB 42’ Series 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joatha View Post
I haven't actually purchased it yet. I need to get the space ready - or close to it - before buying. My plan is to have the delivery guys put it in the coach for me. So, I need everything ready to allow them to put it in there.

I will note that the pictures I have seen do have a small control box on the top front. I'm not sure if that's the one you are referring to or not. That's where you set the temperatures and the various controls for the refrigerator. Based on other pictures I have seen, that box goes back about 4-5 inches and then the refrigerator drops back to 68.75". If that box wasn't there, I think I could put it in there without even touching my top cabinet. Oh well!

If you look at the picture with the doors open you can see the controls at the top inside the doors.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Samsung-...SR-2/302577277
No, not talking about the fridge operating controls, I was referring to the control boards. They were mounted in a little flat box, center of the top very back, about an inch or so. and was highest point in the back. Others have said it is no longer there, and repair manuals refer to it being on the back, near the top.
Please use e mail instead of Private Message
Mallie@EuLake.com
Old 03-13-2018
WanderBee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallie Lennon View Post
No, not talking about the fridge operating controls, I was referring to the control boards. They were mounted in a little flat box, center of the top very back, about an inch or so. and was highest point in the back. Others have said it is no longer there, and repair manuals refer to it being on the back, near the top.
Based on what I have seen, there isn't one there any more on the top.
Marietta, GA