Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > General

General Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach that are not covered in other Mechanic's Corner categories (ex. refrigerators, water heaters, and compressors).

Site Search:

Old 03-13-2018

Default Generator Slide/Hydraulic Jacks

I was testing my jacks on the 83 PT40 today since I don't use them much. I also had my generator slide unlocked since I had been doing some work on it. When I started lowering the jacks it started pushing the generator out. I tested it and happens on any of the jacks used. I know that most of the parts for the hydraulics are under the step area, just not sure exactly what I'm looking for.

Lance and Terry Wilson
Decatur, Al
1994 WB
1983 PT40 (For Sale)
1979 FC31
Lance.wilson59@gmail.com
386-785-5551
Old 03-13-2018

Hi Lance,
There is an electric controlled hydraulic gate which sends pressure to your generator slide. I'm guessing that gate must be failing. I'd find the ram under the generator slide and trace it backwards.

Some years ago my slide ram failed where fluid was leaking from the seals. I had it rebuilt, but in the mean time used a pipe plug to plug the hydraulic feed to the gate. worst case you can do that.

If I remember, there is a Tee fitting between the leveling jack control valves and the gate I described for the generator slide.

Manually pulling out my slide is no big deal. I can push mine back in too the once a year I service it.

Doug
Old 03-13-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by DW SD View Post
Hi Lance,
There is an electric controlled hydraulic gate which sends pressure to your generator slide. I'm guessing that gate must be failing. I'd find the ram under the generator slide and trace it backwards.

Some years ago my slide ram failed where fluid was leaking from the seals. I had it rebuilt, but in the mean time used a pipe plug to plug the hydraulic feed to the gate. worst case you can do that.

If I remember, there is a Tee fitting between the leveling jack control valves and the gate I described for the generator slide.

Manually pulling out my slide is no big deal. I can push mine back in too the once a year I service it.

Doug
Doug,
Just to clarify the slide works fine by itself but it also is energized when the hydraulic jack is engaged. Is that a symptom of a bad gate valve?

Lance and Terry Wilson
Decatur, Al
1994 WB
1983 PT40 (For Sale)
1979 FC31
Lance.wilson59@gmail.com
386-785-5551
Old 03-13-2018

Hi Lance,
Yes. That is my guess. Pressure should be blocked from the generator slide when you are just using the jacks. Those have mechanical valves.

It sounds to me like your valve to your slide is leaking hydraulic pressure, activating the generator slide.

You could try plugging that TEE and seeing what happens. Or even using a ball valve to block the feed to the generator slide control valve.
Old 03-13-2018
Forum owner

The genny ram control valve is under the step,it has some yellow on it,something is yellow.
Its been a long time since i worked on one,but on the front end of the yellow control valve theres a 1/8th'' hole,the spool inside sticks sometimes and using a small punch or drill bit and a hammer will sometimes release the spool.
Stick the drill bit in the hole and gently tap it,there may be a hole in the backside too,you may have to tap from both sides to get it free.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 03-13-2018

Thanks Randy and Doug

Lance and Terry Wilson
Decatur, Al
1994 WB
1983 PT40 (For Sale)
1979 FC31
Lance.wilson59@gmail.com
386-785-5551
Old 03-14-2018

Default Question with hydraulic jacks

Not to hijack your thread but can anyone help me to locate the hydraulic pump and solenoid valves for my hwh system? On a recent trip they quit working and I want to trace the possible cause. The lights on the control panel work but when pressing the leveling button nothing happens.
My bus is a 2001 40'
Thanks.
Old 03-14-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobP13 View Post
Not to hijack your thread but can anyone help me to locate the hydraulic pump and solenoid valves for my hwh system? On a recent trip they quit working and I want to trace the possible cause. The lights on the control panel work but when pressing the leveling button nothing happens.
My bus is a 2001 40'
Thanks.

Under the entry steps. Access from under the right front of the coach. The only thing you can see from the step is the top of the tank and fill plug. Just helped a friend repair his 2000 LX pump motor for the HWH system.
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 03-14-2018

Thanks Rick I will check it out today.
Old 03-14-2018

I guess in 2001 they moved it to another location because it's not there on my bus.....still searching!