Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > M380 (Unique Issues)

M380 (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your M380 model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.....list your M380 Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 03-14-2018

Here’s the WOG link to the maintenance manual.
https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.c...e%20Manual.pdf
Body #234
"Smooth Ride"
Full Timing with 2 cats
214-729-1384
Old 04-16-2018

Finally got back to the shop to request before and after alignment results. Their initial measurement report shows camber on front and left tires was in spec. Toe in on left tire was 11/16" while toe in on right tire was 31/32" vs a spec of 1/32" max each tire! Small wonder I had rapid tire wear. Don't know how it got so badly out of whack. Each tire now back at 1/32" toe in. Can't tell any difference driving down the road.

Shop also adjusted tracking on rear axle by -5/32" back to 0" error.
1984 FC35 SB Wanderlodge II (sold)
Old 04-16-2018
Gardner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBERIC35 View Post
Finally got back to the shop to request before and after alignment results. Their initial measurement report shows camber on front and left tires was in spec. Toe in on left tire was 11/16" while toe in on right tire was 31/32" vs a spec of 1/32" max each tire! Small wonder I had rapid tire wear. Don't know how it got so badly out of whack. Each tire now back at 1/32" toe in. Can't tell any difference driving down the road.

That is a lot of toe and would certainly do damage to the tires, but I never heard of tow being measured on individual tires, it is tire-to-tire. I suppose the latest electronic stuff may print it out that way, who knows.
78 FC 33 Happinest (Sold)
Ridgewood, New Jersey
Old 04-16-2018

The newer alignment machines have you center the steering wheel ( steering box ) and they read the toe for each wheel separately. They also align the fronts to the track of the rears, not to the frame.
Old 04-16-2018

wow that is a huge toe difference there. Thank you for giving the correct specs too for reference.
I'd be looking for something bent or worn out in the front end. Toe cannot change on it's own as I've ever seen. A ball joint can bend or wear out and the spindle moves now and something or other moves and then the toe is out.
I'm sure a good shop that works on this stuff all day realizes this too but you never know. Some newly minted "mechanics" are simply "part changers" and do whatever the computer tells them to do instead of thinking and determining the problem themselves.

Think I'm going to make me up some oversized toe plates that touch the wheels and I can measure toe myself periodically as a sanity check and a warning to look deeper if I see any change from the last time.
stuart@safcofoam.com
Old 04-16-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBERIC35 View Post

Glad you got the specs(old and new). Now you can have some piece of mind, on the tire wear problem, and move on to the next project