Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Electrical

Electrical Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach's electrical system.

Site Search:

Old 03-13-2018

Question DC Fuse Panel Labeling

Okay, I need a smart person.
I look at the wire diagrams and it seems that the have terminal 1 goes to SK4 which is wire 16 going to whatever. Just a tad confusing.

What I'm wondering is if there is a way to figure out what fuses go to what on the coach without the thousand year trial and error method?

I know on my 94' Widebody, front upper load center SK18 is my 12v Microphor Compressor. But when I look at the diagrams, SK18 isn't used. So can I trust what the other items are shown to be? And I was looking for a list of fuses/breakers but could only find one for LXI, does anyone know of one for the 91-94 Widebody Coaches?
1994 Wide Body #106048
"Going Galt"
bruce.griffin67@gmail.com
334-350-8564
Blue Bird Map

*Views expressed here are not supported, endorsed, or even “liked” by any agency or individual.
*Medicated for your comfort. Comfort not guaranteed. Experiences may vary.
Old 03-14-2018
John Wyatt – Administrator/Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi3 View Post
Okay, I need a smart person.
I look at the wire diagrams and it seems that the have terminal 1 goes to SK4 which is wire 16 going to whatever. Just a tad confusing.

What I'm wondering is if there is a way to figure out what fuses go to what on the coach without the thousand year trial and error method?

I know on my 94' Widebody, front upper load center SK18 is my 12v Microphor Compressor. But when I look at the diagrams, SK18 isn't used. So can I trust what the other items are shown to be? And I was looking for a list of fuses/breakers but could only find one for LXI, does anyone know of one for the 91-94 Widebody Coaches?
While we're waiting for a "smart person" to step forward, I'll throw this out there...

It's not exactly what you asked for and not the best of scans but you should be able to make a fairly accurate list from this 93 Electrical Systems Drawing that's in Kurt Horvath's PT-42 Files in the WOG Data Base:

https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.c...es/scan518.pdf
Body Number F095567
My Location: http://www.bbirdmaps.com/user1.cfm?user=4

1991 40' WB ...From 2008 - Present
1984 ½ PT-36 .From 2000 - 2008
1973 FC-31 .....From 1991 - 2001
Old 03-14-2018

Thanks John!
And in my book you definitely are a smart person. Thanks for saving me yet again. There is so-o-o-o-o much that I don't know.
1994 Wide Body #106048
"Going Galt"
bruce.griffin67@gmail.com
334-350-8564
Blue Bird Map

*Views expressed here are not supported, endorsed, or even “liked” by any agency or individual.
*Medicated for your comfort. Comfort not guaranteed. Experiences may vary.
Old 03-23-2018

Let me introduce you to the magical Wanderlodge wiring demystification tool. Don't settle for a cheap(er) imitation, buy this one ($100). If you haven't seen one before it goes like this: you clip onto a terminal or wire you wish to trace with the grey "box". Then you start poking near wire bundles and hold the button on the probe and you'll hear an oscillating tone of varying volume. The closer to the wire you get the louder it gets. With the metal tip installed when you touch the actual wire it will blare and be obvious.

I cannot over emphasize how nice this is to use and how utterly useful it is!

Old 03-24-2018

Can’t read model/part # on it. Please spoon feed me.
2013 Lincoln MKX (toad)
alan.darson@gmail.com
Old 03-24-2018

I have an old Progressive Electronics one, but it would appear that they were bought by Greenlee. The kit you want is Greenlee 701K-G: AMAZON Link You can save some bucks and get an original Progressive on eBay: EBAY Link
Old 03-25-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by badandy View Post
I have an old Progressive Electronics one, but it would appear that they were bought by Greenlee. The kit you want is Greenlee 701K-G: AMAZON Link You can save some bucks and get an original Progressive on eBay: EBAY Link
Thanks for the link BadAndy. Just ordered one to help find some wiring issues of my own!

David & Nicole Stokes
Valdosta, Georgia
'98 LXi 43'
'97 Jeep Wrangler
229-834-8677

Independent Consultant
The Pampered Chef
http://www.pamperedchef.biz/davidstokes