Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Electrical

Electrical Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach's electrical system.

Site Search:

Old 05-03-2020

@1984Lodge

Thanks for the electronic version, makes the job of searching a lot easier!
Here is what I found out:

"did you try the AC breaker on the side of the inverter? It may have tripped that breaker on the side, its just a little button breaker, should pop out when tripped.. push it in and make sure that is connected."
It must be the little one on the side saying 30A. It is in, not popped out. I removed the 6 screws holding the inverter box to check the breaker further, it was a black inch sq box and the button was in.

"What does the manual say the fault means? Which remote do you have?
It should say something in the display as to what the fault is.."

Remote is ME-RC. Red fault light is on and read out says "dead battery charge fault". manual says the voltage drop between battery terminals and inverter DC input should be less than 0.5V. I read 2.34V at the batteries and 0.239V at the inverter. I have the batteries on charging now.

"Has this been happening since you replaced the batteries? May be something not connected or connected wrong? Check all your battery connection"

this message was coming out randomly last year and the batteries were not charging at times. I assumed the batteries were old and needed replacing. Before we left last year, I connected the 50A 220V input to 110V house outlet (just to get a bit more battery charging) and something went wrong to electrical and inverter. Once on the road , it kind of fixed itself but later batteries were not getting charged.

Reza Rahmani
Ann Arbor, MI
2000 LX40 Millenium
2020 4Runner TRD
Old 05-03-2020

it reads 0.002V at the inverter, not 0.239V

Reza Rahmani
Ann Arbor, MI
2000 LX40 Millenium
2020 4Runner TRD
Old 05-03-2020

May need to go through and check your batteries individually.. If you are reading 2.34v across the positive terminals? That is far too much, you have a high resistance connection if that is the case, or a bad cable. Voltage drop across like terminals tells you if you have a high resistance issue.. I would pull all the cables back off and check each battery voltage. You should check this when you put your bank together.

Check out my videos of my battery install:

Checking batteries before connecting:
https://youtu.be/Q5YeBmqMuS4

Checking batteries after connected:
https://youtu.be/H-mFhEYN6xw

I have a few more on my youtube for the batteries.. it was before I had a way to combine multiple videos, so I have a bunch of short videos.. I need to combine them into one video and upload it. Hope these help.

Jeff LoGiudice
1984LodgeJeff@gmail.com
Temple Terrace, Florida
1984 Bluebird PT40
#F063411 6V92TA & MT654CR
& 1986 MCI 102A3
6V92TA & HT740 (Sold)
YouTube-Gino's Garage https://www.youtube.com/user/xjrjeff
http://www.bbirdmaps.com/index.cfm #460
Old 05-03-2020

I did check the voltage of each battery first when I was picking them up, they were in 12.xxV range, I did not write them down.
I checked for voltage between the different positive terminals as they are connected, I get 0.000V for reading.
The 2.3V reading I mentioned earlier was between the positive and negative terminals of each battery. The 0.002V reading I had in my previous post was at the inverter terminals.

Nice videos, wish had seen them before

Reza Rahmani
Ann Arbor, MI
2000 LX40 Millenium
2020 4Runner TRD
Old 05-03-2020

Also checked the 200A littlefuse, it works fine

Reza Rahmani
Ann Arbor, MI
2000 LX40 Millenium
2020 4Runner TRD
Old 05-03-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakar View Post
I did check the voltage of each battery first when I was picking them up, they were in 12.xxV range, I did not write them down.
I checked for voltage between the different positive terminals as they are connected, I get 0.000V for reading.
The 2.3V reading I mentioned earlier was between the positive and negative terminals of each battery. The 0.002V reading I had in my previous post was at the inverter terminals.

Nice videos, wish had seen them before
Thanks on the videos.. I hope they help others and I enjoy passing any information along that I can.

If its 2.3 v across the batteries, they are totally discharged.. That would be a reason why the charger would not charge. You may have been able to fake out the charger with a 9v battery across the terminals, sometimes this works if you have a dead battery that the charger will not recognize it to charge it.
So you are manually charging them now? That should do the trick, you may just need to find out why the charger is shutting down. I have an intermittent problem with my xantrex charger just shutting off on its own. I am plugged in all the time and sometimes I will go out and the charger is off and the batteries are run down.

Jeff LoGiudice
1984LodgeJeff@gmail.com
Temple Terrace, Florida
1984 Bluebird PT40
#F063411 6V92TA & MT654CR
& 1986 MCI 102A3
6V92TA & HT740 (Sold)
YouTube-Gino's Garage https://www.youtube.com/user/xjrjeff
http://www.bbirdmaps.com/index.cfm #460