Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > RV Lifestyle > Travel Tips - Fuel Prices

Travel Tips - Fuel Prices Everyone has travel tips. Share and discuss yours here with the rest of the group.

Site Search:

Old 07-29-2010

When I was still with the Indiana State Police we lost one guy a year for five years from 1995-2000 by being hit by a passing motorist. Once of the accidents not only killed the Trooper but permanantly disabled his Trooper Trainer and killed three people in the car that was in front of the police car. It was a disabled van with seven family members in it. That was done by a truck and the driver was high on cocaine. It was soon after that accident that the state police went on a lobbying effort to institute the Move Over Law. We were one of, if not the first state, to have that law.

I worked the road for my first five years on the department and had my hat blown off so many times I finally quit wearing it. I could hear truckers on the CB making bets to see who could knock it off. My car got hit once but I didn't. We've had a lot of guys hit but live. It is unbelievable that you have to enact a law for something like that but you do.

When I became a detective and I did some undercover work for a few years people would ask me if it was dangerous and I would say not as dangerous as working on the road! Those guys take a lot of risk to make it safe for the rest of us.

Jim and Michele Walters
'93 WLWB
Bluebird of Happiness
F397772
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
2003 Harley Ultra Classic
260-224-1278
Larwill, IN
Old 07-29-2010

Those "disco lights" are magnets for people "under the influnce". They aim straight for them.
Old 07-29-2010

When I can, I move over for ANY vehicle on the shoulder including bicycles. Last thing I want is someone opening their car door right as I pass, or worse stepping out without looking.

In Virginia, I once saw the extended mirror on a pickup towing a trailer take a bicyclist off his bike. By the time I got my motorcycle turned around and got back to the scene, several motorists were on hand assisting.

A fellow AF retiree who was depressed stepped out of his car directly in front of a semi on a hiway and was killed. Was it suicide, or inattention? We will never know, but the semi driver will never forget that horrendous situation.

If you can - move over for any and every vehicle - emergency lights or not.
Old 07-29-2010
Forum owner

I always move over too,just think what could happen if you have a blowout next to a car on the side of the road?

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 07-30-2010

I worry about someone walking out close to the road and tripping or being sucked into the side of the coach. Remember, we have a wake(air) beside us.