Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Under The Awning

Under The Awning Here is where you can carry on a conversation, just like............well, like you were sitting under your awning at the campsite.

Site Search:

Old 05-16-2013
Goat rails in the sunset

Default Post a public review

A good shop like that deserves a good public review. The happy ending sure made great reading, thank you. Not sure where a good review site would be for a shop that doesn't need impromptu customers, maybe Travelocity?
Full-time in 2019
Old 05-16-2013
Gardner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbedinger View Post
A good shop like that deserves a good public review. The happy ending sure made great reading, thank you. Not sure where a good review site would be for a shop that doesn't need impromptu customers, maybe Travelocity?
I don't want folks expecting service from them, and they really don't want it either. I was an exception. But they do have a fine parts business which is where I went for the new hub cover and only then found about about the service policy. I was not dealing with the owners so the folks I spoke to referred to them as "they" when saying "they really don't want to be in the service business", it is not their actual business model. They were just being kind to the 'old guy' in trouble.

If they started getting unwanted calls from a bunch of WOGers or others they might solidify the "no service' policy. For now it is kind of on an exception basis.
78 FC 33 Happinest (Sold)
Ridgewood, New Jersey
Old 05-16-2013

Gardner,
I had a front wheel bearing seize on the spindle to the point where the wheel would not turn and the bearing had to be cut off with a blow torch. It happend in Riviere de Loup QE on the Gaspe penisula. Good Sam sent a mechanic, who cut off the bearing, sandpapered the spindle so that he could fit a new bearing. I never had to replace the spindle. Your wheel was not frozen so you should be OK. Good luck
Old 05-16-2013

Great story and ending. Just something to consider for some breakdown circumstances: I had a somewhat similar experience about the 2nd year of ownership of our BB when we had an airbag fail near Elmira, NY. I did not know area and just stumbled into Beam Mack, a heavy truck service shop.

They were initally very reluctant to commit to working on an RV. I was able to explain specifically what the problem was, and showed the counter guy the Ridewell manual with part numbers needed out of the BlueBox and say that I needed "this bag" installed on "this standard bus chassis". The were very familar with the suspension and all...but the RV aspect was spooking them initally.

They did an outstanding job, quickly, at a fair price with a nice tip.

Some of these shops just don't do "RV's"...they don't wear little white tyvek booties or blue rubber gloves in your coach...a few old beach towels on the carpet and seats and no worries about any grease/dirt inside...but they can get the job done - often very compentently if you work with them...it can work out!

Coach photos & comments: http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.co...php?albumid=79