Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > General

General Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach that are not covered in other Mechanic's Corner categories (ex. refrigerators, water heaters, and compressors).

Site Search:

Old 11-04-2011

I had my sending unit go bad on the way to RATS. I ordered the SN38 0-90 ohm unit that was discussed in the first part of this thread. After getting it hooked up I found that my '83 must have the 240-33 ohm unit like Finn's. With the 0-90 unit I was getting it to show over full when it should have been showing empty, and only showing around half when it should have been showing full. I am going to get the Sunpro unit like John's and give it a shot.
2012 Wrangler Unlimited
Lancaster, Ohio
Old 12-08-2012

My fuel gauge went out when I flipped a switch that measures diesel in the fuel tank and gasoline in the generator tank. The coach tank pegged at empty. I replaced the diesel/gas three-way switch. The old switch had a short. I also ordered a new gas gauge, which unlike the old gauge, had a jumper between between the sending post and the hot post. When I tested the switch, the fuel gauge pegged all the way to full +.

The fuel gauge is showing 13v on both the ignition post and sender post.

But the fuel/diesel switch is barely registering any voltage.

Does this indicate the sending unit in the tank is bad?
Phoenix, AZ
Old 12-08-2012
Administrator

try this thread

http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.co...ad.php?t=14846
Old 12-08-2012

Thanks....I'm showing very low voltage at the fuel sender terminals as well as the switch between diesel/gas. I'll install the SunPro Sender CP7583 and see if that works.
Phoenix, AZ
Old 06-28-2016

Default Chapman tools!

Hi this is Joel, I do the marketing (among other things) at Chapman MFG. We're a tiny shop of less than 15 people, so I have a very small ad budget to work with. Most of our website referrals come from forums like this one, but I can't believe this post is 7 years old and we're still getting hits from it! Thanks so much for the recommendation Dieselbird01!

Since 2009 we've come out with a 5575 Master set that has 51 screwdriver bits, Phillips, slotted, inch & mm hex, Star (Torx) etc, it's our best selling set because it has all the bits you commonly need in one compact set. You can use the coupon code Wanderlodge
to save 10% on the Master Set and we'll include a free two tone red, blue, black, or orange electroplated ratchet. If you don't specify orange will be included, and the code is good until 7/8.

Lastly, is there any type of screwdriver bit/related tool that you need and we don't make?

Thanks again for the publicity!
Joel Camassar
Chapman MFG
joel@chapmanmfg.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselbird01 View Post
Hi John,

If you don't already have a good miniature ratchet screwdriver set check out "Chapman" Mfg. they make industrial quality miniature ratchet sets. Made in the USA from high quality steel that holds up under heavy use. I have a couple of sets that I’ve used for over 20 years with no problems. As Frank pointed out you might be able to get the sender unit screws out with something like this. Even if it doesn't work in this application, they sure come in handy and are worth adding to your tool box. Model # 8900 is a good basic set. http://www.chapmanmfg.com/
Old 07-24-2016
Chegment

Default cut a bigger hole

tools: vibrating saw, and a 4.5 inch metal grinder with cutting disks. Made a square hole about 9 by 9 inches. Had to bend back and forth the cut metal plate a few times to break a couple of spot welds. Use the vib-saw to remove sprayed insulation below the metal. Make the metal hole about 3/4 smaller than wood hole so a new plywood plug will have something to lay on. Plenty of room now.
Connecticut 06089