Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Buying a Wanderlodge, a Bluebird or any RV

Buying a Wanderlodge, a Bluebird or any RV Ready to take the plunge or looking to upgrade and you have questions? Folks are standing by ready to help.

Site Search:

Old 01-30-2020

It's an issue. The sprinter onversion I looked at had 20-ish gal fresh water capacity and 20-ish gray. Whereas the BMC i saw (similar numbers for the M380 rigs) is packing 5 TIMES that in fresh and almost 3 times in gray...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
I know several old bird owners that bought sprinters,they all sold them in less than a year,too small was the complaint.

My holding tanks added together are equal to the size of a sprinter...
Old 01-30-2020

Hi Tim: former Mercedes owner here as well. MB in its "cost no object" quality years (shall we say 70s, 80s, into 90s) has a lot in common with what I've seen in these wanderlodge rigs: overbuilt, overengineered, heavy, expensive, luxurious, safe, not the fastest, not the most economical, built by people who knew what they were doing. Like a BMW motorcycle. A Beech King Air. Similar product philosophy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsdevane View Post
I have sold myself on the Mercedes brand since 1983 when I asked a fellow about his, and why he was so sold on them. He told me "Tim, once you own one, you'll never drive anything else." That sentiment still holds true for me even though throughout the years I have seen the quality diminish in some areas. Maybe it's just me and what I have been use to. Everybody has a tolerance level for what they can deal with, so to each their own. My wife and I looked at what we thought was an upscale Mercedes Sprinter with an Airstream conversion package. Along with the size restrictions we could not fancy the "wet bathroom" concept.

Timothy
Old 02-01-2020

If I was in your quandary I would rent a Sprinter or equivalent for a week or longer trip. That could answer most of your questions.
1999, Jeep Cherokee, Toad
1970, VW Baja Bug, Alternate Toad