Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Reasons I Bought My Bluebird

Reasons I Bought My Bluebird This is the place to list the reasons you decided to buy a Bluebird and direct others to who are considering a Bluebird.

Site Search:

Old 02-05-2020

Default Why We Bought our Bird

After two years of searching on all the "RV for sale sights", Patty finally said I should really look at BB's. I thought that we wanted a Newell or Country Coach. Patty insisted I consider a BB....after 43 years of marriage I should have known, she knows what she is talking about.

Why did we buy the 450:
  1. Size of windows to enjoy the view when it is inclement outside. New coaches have much smaller windows, some barely open. We enjoy fresh air and wildlife/environment noise when possible
  2. Size of the kitchen counter. Heck our 37'er has more counter than many 40+ foot coaches. Some 45'ers have very little useable kitchen counter. We don't go out to eat very often.
  3. Dinette is on the passenger side....view side and leaving two big windows
  4. Build quality. All stainless steel. Heck if the 80's coaches are still looking great and on the road they have to be built well. Right? (maybe some may say our 450 isn't a real bird).
  5. Interior quality
  6. Interior noise. We drove a 2008 Country Coach 45' that was much noisier on the inside....tire, mechanical was all transmitted. The Bird is so quiet.
  7. Drivability......better than our Alpine, which was better than the 45' Country Coach.
  8. Full use with all the slides in....a full width aisle, no turning sideways to get to the back.
  9. Support group. We were already a orphan coach owner so that did not worry us one bit.
  10. Blue Bird was not a high volume builder. We like different!
  11. The people we have meet on line and talked with on the phone to answer questions before we bought a Bird.
  12. Large shower with large built in seat for when we are older.
  13. Safety of an all metal coach with a house that is set on the chassis that is all one piece. Not bolted on sidewalls.
  14. Basement storage....well it is a 44'er not a 37'er.
Only one "CON"

The thing that bothered me as I read the threads researching the Bird. "Sticks and plastic".

I will never call a fiberglass coach "sticks and plastic" or whatever other term I have seen used. I don't understand why we would alienate potential buyers. It certainly doesn't help our cause. Let our coaches stand on their merits....shout their merits........not degrade other coaches.

Just a newbies opinion.

Tom and Patty
Hannah the "Big Dog"
and Abby the cat.
2005 M450 LXI
Alpine 2000 36 FDS
Old 02-05-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRVAlpine View Post
After two years of searching on all the "RV for sale sights", Patty finally said I should really look at BB's. I thought that we wanted a Newell or Country Coach. Patty insisted I consider a BB....after 43 years of marriage I should have known, she knows what she is talking about.

Why did we buy the 450:
  1. Size of windows to enjoy the view when it is inclement outside. New coaches have much smaller windows, some barely open. We enjoy fresh air and wildlife/environment noise when possible
  2. Size of the kitchen counter. Heck our 37'er has more counter than many 40+ foot coaches. Some 45'ers have very little useable kitchen counter. We don't go out to eat very often.
  3. Dinette is on the passenger side....view side and leaving two big windows
  4. Build quality. All stainless steel. Heck if the 80's coaches are still looking great and on the road they have to be built well. Right? (maybe some may say our 450 isn't a real bird).
  5. Interior quality
  6. Interior noise. We drove a 2008 Country Coach 45' that was much noisier on the inside....tire, mechanical was all transmitted. The Bird is so quiet.
  7. Drivability......better than our Alpine, which was better than the 45' Country Coach.
  8. Full use with all the slides in....a full width aisle, no turning sideways to get to the back.
  9. Support group. We were already a orphan coach owner so that did not worry us one bit.
  10. Blue Bird was not a high volume builder. We like different!
  11. The people we have meet on line and talked with on the phone to answer questions before we bought a Bird.
  12. Large shower with large built in seat for when we are older.
  13. Safety of an all metal coach with a house that is set on the chassis that is all one piece. Not bolted on sidewalls.
  14. Basement storage....well it is a 44'er not a 37'er.
Only one "CON"

The thing that bothered me as I read the threads researching the Bird. "Sticks and plastic".

I will never call a fiberglass coach "sticks and plastic" or whatever other term I have seen used. I don't understand why we would alienate potential buyers. It certainly doesn't help our cause. Let our coaches stand on their merits....shout their merits........not degrade other coaches.

Just a newbies opinion.
Tom, Don't misunderstand some of the language used here on WOG. We have always been an inclusive bunch and I am sure will never change. Yes, we believe in the "quality" of our coaches. But the use of terminology of "Sticks and Staples" and "SOB" are nothing more than a little bit of humor not intended to do any harm. After all most of these SOBs (Some Other Brands) are made up of a lot of 2x2s (sticks) and panelling stapled to them. We also talk about that we know when we are near a fiberglass RV we start "itching". We have never turned away anyone that wanted to come to a rally or gathering of any type that had an SOB or "Sticks and Staples" RV. Most of us Birders have a real pride in our coach and the quality and craftsmanship it is comprised of, which seems to be evident in your comments above. So don't be too hard on us. We don't really have our noses in the air as far as it may appear.

Jim and Michele Walters
2000 LX ME
'93 WLWB (Sold)
Bluebird of Happiness
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
260-224-1278
Old 02-05-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by isp2952 View Post
We don't really have our noses in the air as far as it may appear.

Hahaha...

Good Ole Bird - 1980 FC35 250T

Rockpapa

Larose, LA
Old 02-05-2020
Forum owner

Heck,we even allowed Alpine owners to hang out with us!
Its all in good humor,no harm meant or implied!
Heck,other brand coach owners talk about our "goat rails",it was always a good laugh!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 02-05-2020

Is that wht they are called ??

Well, I'm currently painting my "goat rails."

Rockpapa

Larose, LA
Old 02-05-2020

Mary and I like to make a game out of how much better we are than everyone else in the campground.
kg4rrx@gmail.com 404-547-1951
Old 02-05-2020

I don't have a choice, 6'8" tall, so I naturally look down on folks!

Beautiful coach! I'm a new owner also, looking forward to our first trip.
Old 02-05-2020

Thank you all!!

I understand that "sticks and staples" is not meant to be "better than thou". Heck we bought a Bird. My point is that it may be taken poorly by some of those looking for a Bird. We used "SOB" in the other assn we belong to to designate another brand outside the club.
I don't think BB owners have our noses in the air, and never doubted the inclusiveness of the owners. If I did, we may not have joined the group. We are now a proud owner and hope to help continue advancing the image of Blue Birds.

We welcome the help from all and look forward to meeting many of you at future rallies.
BTW, I DO have goat rail envy Randy!!

Tom and Patty
Hannah the "Big Dog"
and Abby the cat.
2005 M450 LXI
Alpine 2000 36 FDS
Old 02-05-2020

I believe most of us have had other brand motorhomes or RV's before we got a Blue Bird. It believe it gives us a rightful reason to call another brand an SOB or Sticks and Staples without calling out the Manufacturer of the unit. We respect the other brands out there....the good, bad and the ugly ones. We all started in something with wheels but over time we have found ourselves together on the WOG as current, past or future Blue Bird owners making friends and exchanging information on the Birds.

I am proud to own a Blue Bird since I have never owned a better made RV. I look at the SOB including travel trailer and fifth wheels that I have owned in the past and proudly refer to them as Sticks and Staples because I had to fix them and maintain them so I knew how they were built and what materials were used.

Sorry.....got carried away! Oh well!
Had 81 FC35
937-407-0079
Old 02-05-2020

Stick and staple class A, B, C, D ,E and F, laminated fibertrash coaches and campers are overpriced, leak prone garbage and unsafe on any roadway...

They need to be degraded...

And I don't want to alienate anyone, but the truth is the truth...

If these fiberglass palaces had to be crash tested they would be illegal, and rightly so...

Rockpapa

Larose, LA