Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Buying a Wanderlodge, a Bluebird or any RV

Buying a Wanderlodge, a Bluebird or any RV Ready to take the plunge or looking to upgrade and you have questions? Folks are standing by ready to help.

Site Search:

Old 11-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoagie View Post
Never mind guys!!...I just made a deal on Dave Prager's 1985 FC. Picking it up in the next couple of weeks! I'm not going to be a wannabe anymore...:P
Hey, congratulations, Rich! I made the same leap of faith last month. I know that first trip is nerve wracking, but I hope yours turned out as well as mine did. Enjoy!

Mike, Justin, and Ryan Evans
Richland, MI
www.companyfixers.com
1985 PT36 formerly known as "The Pine Mountain Express"
2005 Chevrolet Suburban SuperToad with Blue Ox baseplate and Aventa LX towbar, Brake Buddy
Old 11-17-2010
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mevans49083 View Post
Hey, congratulations, Rich! I made the same leap of faith last month. I know that first trip is nerve wracking, but I hope yours turned out as well as mine did. Enjoy!

The uncertainty of the first trip is the most exciting, "Positive stress is a good thing"
Old 11-17-2010

I bought a friend a ticket to come with me to get ours, he was a major asset.
Cape Cod,ma
Old 11-17-2010

Wow Crit .... 800 posts We should give out titles for every hallmark reached .......... Thanks and congrats ......
89 PT40
Old 11-17-2010
Got One

Thats a great idea Crit, but I don't have any friends to ask. So, it has to be up to me.. I'll improvise, adapt and over come...:P
Old 11-17-2010
Campground Owner

Rich

Here is another tool. http://www.bbirdmaps.com/
www.xcreekrv.com
35°31'08.6"N 83°03'38.8"W
Old 11-17-2010

Michael, I didn't even notice, thanks. The Forum is fun, but I stand in the tall shadows of Bill, John and Gardner, not to mention the Moderators.
Cape Cod,ma
Old 11-17-2010

Rich, with internet access we can all come!
Cape Cod,ma
Old 11-17-2010

Default Congratulations!

Rich - I had watched the FC you bought for several weeks and didn't see why it wasn't a great buy. I almost recommended that "the Padre" have a look at it, but glad you made the move. I like the layout and overall it looks like a nice bird.

On the subject of on the road service, I have probably done the wrong thing. I have AAA extended road service which covers the GMC and all our cars. Since my bride filled her diesel VW up with gasoline on the way to Atlanta the other day, the extended towing for the car worked out well.

I'm not sure their coverage for a motor home - especially one with special towing requirements (in my case front wheel drive and a low rearend) - will be as good. In other words, I like AAA for the car, but probably ought to go to Good Sam or Coachnet for the towing. I just hate to give up all the other AAA benefits like motel and ticket savings.

Pretty soon it won't mattter. The senior citizen discount usually trumps whatever AAA has to offer.

Anyway, Congratulations from a somewhat jealous GMC owner.
Old 11-17-2010
Gardner

Rich,
When driving keep a big distance between you and a vehicle in fornt, the stopping distance is longer than you think. Start applying the brakes way in advance of traffic lights, stop signs, etc. Enter exit ramps slowly, they often have sharp turns and it isn't easy to correct speed late in the turn.

And my personal favorite, wear narrow, soft shoes or none at all, not boots. A wide shoe can catch the throttle when you are applying the brakes. You won't feel it, but the coach won't slow down very much. It's not a pleasant feeling at all. Been there-done that on an exit ramp

The delay in many traffic lights between amber and red is too short, in my opinion, at many lights. In areas with many lights just drive slower than the speed limit, or you will have to mash the brakes hard or run the light. I have run more red lights than I care to mention in the bird. So far I haven't received a ticket in the mail

On the open road, however, it is a magical feeling cruising along in a bird. Scan the guages and mirrors often and watch out for the 'merge impaired' drivers.

It isn't that tough to drive, in fact it is fun, but you need to keep alert and avoid distractions.
78 FC 33 Happinest (Sold)
Ridgewood, New Jersey