Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Parts and Other Items For Sale

Parts and Other Items For Sale Have a part or other item that you want to sell? List it here.

Site Search:

Old 08-02-2011
WanderBee

My credit union will finance them up to 80% of NADA average retail. But, NADA just uses a depreciation method on the Birds (and probably many brands of coaches) - not real world figures. So, that doesn't help much when the Bird you want is $25K (and probably worth every penny) and the NADA value is under $8K (like Rick's FC).

Some credit unions will also finance based off an appraisal as well. Those are fewer and farther between - especially in this day and time of tighter money. I think it also depends on your credit score for the appraisal-based loan. My credit union asked me my score (which is over 800) and then said I could get one via the appraisal. But, they only loaned to 70% and the interest rate was higher. I just wasn't feeling quite ready at the time.
Pensacola, FL
Old 08-02-2011

Walter-

Not sure if you are a Veteran or have a family member who is but USAA has very liberal lending when it comes to RV's. I used them on my first Wanderlodge and it was a painless process.

I would search hard for financing and look at buying Rick's. I was looking hard at it until i was presented with a unique situation i simply couldn't pass up. If you read his posts you can see how meticulous and direct he is with his work and posts. That "cheaper" coach can and will become more expensive very quickly without detailed history. Rick has that with his.

I would hate to see you get burned as I did with my first coach. I dumped $25k into it in 6 months. Not a
good feeling at all
Old 08-09-2011
Wannabe

Ok, thanks everyone for the advise. Still looking. The 69 was not a bad deal but looking at the condition of the brake system and that fact that it had a couple more leaks than the owner knew about, new fuel tank that will require mods to accept a filler hose, I decided not to purchase it. Still, for someone that knows about the older birds, may not be a bad deal.
Looking