Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > LX and LXI (Unique Issues)

LX and LXI (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your LX or LXI model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THOSE ISSUES INVOLVED WITH ANY LAWSUIT.....list your LX and LXI Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 09-20-2012

We had the new solenoid put on the HWH system and the slide and jacks operate well. The room almost glides out rather than the jerky motions it use to go through. Hope we have this one licked. Thanks to David and John for your help. HWH was also great and helped my guy by phone on a few other issues. Hopefully leaving for Del Rion tomorrow.

Bruce and Sally Summerlin
Germantown, Tennessee
2000 LXi Millinium
Old 09-20-2012
John Wyatt – Administrator/Moderator

Glad to see that you got it working and congratulations to you and your son on his graduation from AF Pilot School. Our son-in-law (USNA class of 02) is headed back for more training – he starts Test Pilot School at Patuxent River Naval Air Station in a few weeks.
Body Number F095567
My Location: http://www.bbirdmaps.com/user1.cfm?user=4

1991 40' WB ...From 2008 - Present
1984 ½ PT-36 .From 2000 - 2008
1973 FC-31 .....From 1991 - 2001

Old 09-20-2012

John, Congratulations to your son in law. My son got his assignments today. He will be in Special Operations flying a MC-130E/H COMBAT TALON I/II. His base assignment will eventually be outside of Destin Fla, Not a bad assignment for a 22yo!
Ohh to be young again.......

Bruce and Sally Summerlin
Germantown, Tennessee
2000 LXi Millinium
Old 09-20-2012
prone to wandering

Wednesday morning in Maine, rainy, packing up to go home, I bring in the slide, go outside and unhook and stow hoses etc., go back into coach to retract jacks, no power to the HWH leveling keypad. Turns out that I had forgotten to close the bay door under the slide and that was keeping the keypad from powering up. One thing about Bluebirds, they have a way of making us all feel foolish from time to time.
jimdoel@me.com
Old 02-17-2020

Default 2001 LX Slide issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpetersman View Post
We full time. Just back from two weeks away and having a problem.

First noticed when we attempted to open the slide. Coach was on jacks while away, so simply confirmed level without a problem. Turned key to open slide and pump seemed to operate but no movement in slide. After a couple of attempts, pump would not even attempt to operate any more (but pump operating light came on). Tried this two or three times with same result.

Then, tried to store the jacks. Usually it's an easy soft drop as jacks are retracted, this time it dropped pretty hard.

Attempted to extend jacks and again pump motor sounded like it was running, but immediately got a "excess slope" alarm. Could not extend jacks - either auto or manual.

I checked the relays in the driver side outside compartment and changed them around (I do not have a spare - don't ask). Back inside, attempted to extend jacks and the coach leveled without difficulty. Again, could not extend the slide, however.

I left the coach up on the jacks with the slide in, deciding to call it a night and try again later. After about 20 minutes, the coach felt like it was swaying. It appears the jacks are not fully holding the weight of the coach.

I repeated the storing of the jacks, hard drop with retracting them, inability to extend them, played with the relays, did extend jacks, unable to extend slide again. The coach again does not feel firm on the jacks. There is also an occasional "thud" sound coming from under the coach - I believe it is the coach swaying with movement or in the wind and the jacks are adjusting (retracting) with the sway.

No fluid appears to be leaking from under the coach. Hydraulic fluid is within limits.

Anyone have any idea what we may be dealing with.
BUMP, BUMP, BUMP. Mark B. this is an informative thread that may shed some light on the issue we were 'discussing' on Sunday afternoon...How old are the coach starting batteries?