Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Rallies

Rallies Some of the rallies listed here are closed to posting by other than rally masters. Some old rallies are closed do to their being old rallies.

Site Search:

Old 02-13-2009

Default Birds at the Beach Restaurant

For the Birds at the Beach Rally

If we are going to Murrels Inlet for dinner I'd like to recommend the following restaurant

http://centraarchy.com/gulfstream.php

This place has a phenomenal Early Bird Deal from 4-6:30 PM

We used to go there when we went to MB for golf deals every winter. My brother went there a year ago and said it was still great

Just a suggestion.

Best,

Lee - 423-292-5767 or Jacque 423-262-9569
or lnjdavis@gmail.com Please call or email instead of private messages

1995 BMC 37
300 HP Cummins 6CTA 8.3 Turbocharged Diesel
Boldly Going Nowhere
http://www.bbirdmaps.com/index.cfm #117
Old 02-13-2009
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Davis View Post
For the Birds at the Beach Rally

If we are going to Murrels Inlet for dinner I'd like to recommend the following restaurant

http://centraarchy.com/gulfstream.php

This place has a phenomenal Early Bird Deal from 4-6:30 PM

We used to go there when we went to MB for golf deals every winter. My brother went there a year ago and said it was still great

Just a suggestion.

Best,
Thanks for the suggestion, but that restaurant is actually in Garden City and not Murrels Inlet, but the FOOD BOSS will have to check this out. I believe that we are going to have two nights out for dinner, so that may be a good choice unless Sue Robinson already has a firm scheduled planned.

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 02-14-2009

Default Murrels Inlet Restaurant

I guess you're right, it is in Garden City (not sure exactly where that is) but from what I recall it was very close to Murrels Inlet. However, it's been awhile since I was there so I may be wrong. However we did eat at a lot of places down there and this one was by far the best at the time, and as I commented, my brother was there last year for a week and ended up eating there 3 times. He said and I remember it was a little hard to find so he suggested if we go there use the GPS

1995 BMC 37
Boldly Going Nowhere
Old 02-14-2009

Default Garden City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Davis View Post
I guess you're right, it is in Garden City (not sure exactly where that is) but from what I recall it was very close to Murrels Inlet. However, it's been awhile since I was there so I may be wrong. However we did eat at a lot of places down there and this one was by far the best at the time, and as I commented, my brother was there last year for a week and ended up eating there 3 times. He said and I remember it was a little hard to find so he suggested if we go there use the GPS
Lee,

Garden City is just north of Murrels Inlet, you would drive right by it coming from the Ocean Lakes Campground, so it is in the same vicinity, just like Mount Vernon and Lisbon, but with an ocean front view instead of corn

JOHN FINN
1982 FC35RB
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 02-15-2009

Default Mt Vernon

John,

Not many people know where Mt Vernon is. My wife said sometime in the past she remembered you said you had been in that area. You're right about the corn view. We don't actually live there but our daughter does now (professor at Cornell College) and handles our mail. We go by every summer (no way I'd go up there in the winter). We like Kepler Palisades State Park which is about 5 min from their house.

Anyway, if the Food Boss didn't have a restaurant in mind, I thought I'd suggest that one. I don't know how it would work if 20+ or so people showed up for the Early Bird Deal. I don't know if you could make a reservation for that or not. I remember it was crowded at that time even though it was early (lots of folks liked it)

1995 BMC 37
Boldly Going Nowhere
Old 02-15-2009
Forum owner

John has been in every area,he knows all the low bridges,narrow spots,by-pass's and almost every bump in the road.
if you ever caravan with john,let him lead.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 02-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
John has been in every area,he knows all the low bridges,narrow spots,by-pass's and almost every bump in the road.
if you ever caravan with john,let him lead.
"There's a mailbox close on the right up here.........."

Lee, I used to live in West Branch before moving to South Carolina and I ran a Flag Car service moving Oversize Loads throughout the USA and parts of Canada, for many, many years

JOHN FINN
1982 FC35RB
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 02-15-2009
RV Appraiser

Default Huntington Beach State Park

For those who are attending Birds on the Beach and wish to stay on in the area for a few more days and are not going to Maxton I would like to suggest Huntington Beach State Park. HBSP is at Murrells Inlet or just south of the town a couple miles and it is a nice park. It is rated as 1 of the top 25 bird watching sites in the world or something like that. My wife likes to take photos and enter into local contest, she won first place with one of her photos from HBSP. There are several nature trails, a nature center, gators, hundreds of differnt birds, and an old home site which is open to tours and a botantical garden in the area. We were there last year in March and it's on our list of places to return. While we were there we had several vistors stop by or wave to us while we were at the bus, as the name on our bus is Bird Brains it seems as the folk thought we were serious bird watchers not knowing that we were just plain goofy over the Blue Bird Wanderlodge.
Louisville, KY/Jeffersonville, IN
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Our Blog
Our Location
https://allwheelappraisals.com/
Email or call only - please do not send PM

johns.mcginnis @ hotmail.com
502-417-5681
.,=====o00
//___l__,\____\,___
l_--- \___l----[]lllllll[]
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_
Old 02-23-2009

Default Going Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamflagman View Post

This time we will be at “OCEAN LAKES FAMILY CAMPGROUND“ , to make your reservations click on the banner below, or call 1-877-510-1413 their web site is www.oceanlakes.com/ the 50 AMP full hookup sites are $31.00 plus a 11%sales tax, be sure to mention 'BIRDS AT THE BEACH when you are making your reservations, this will get most of us together in the HH section, there will be a few of you in the H section just across the road, we have 30 sites reserved, check here for reservation information OCEAN LAKES RESERVATIONS INFO .pdf

To view a PDF file of the campsites click on OCEAN LAKES CAMPSITE MAP Those rates are also good for the week before and the week after, if you make those same reservation dates at the time of your rally dates.

Remember the 'Birds at the Beach rally will be the weekend before the Maxton - East Coast Timing Association - Hot Rod Magazine sponsored event, where we will also hold our annual spring 2009 Hot Rod / Maxton Bluebird Mini Rally (UPDATED) again on April 2-3-4-5, 2009 where the track entry fee is only $5.00 for the dry camping and a weekend of races, the temperatures are very moderate that time of the year, so you won't have to run your generator that much, so this way you can get more bang for your fuel buck, it is only 105 miles to Maxton from Myrtle Beach with a stop to get fuel if you need to at the Flying J on I-95 in Latta, SC.
Make sure that you add your information to the Database Sign Up Sheets for each rally found at; http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/wanderlodge/database

Ocean Lakes Family Campground,
Myrtle Beach, SC

This campground is a different one than we were at for the last rally in Myrtle Beach, some of you may remember it as the original campground that we used. For a Google Maps satellite view and that can also be used for directions to Ocean Lakes, click on this link below;
GOOGLE MAP OF OCEAN LAKES FAMILY CAMPGROUND

CHECK OUT THE
Myrtle Beach Weather

If you were thinking about attending the 2009 'Birds at the Beach (Myrtle Beach, SC) rally, I just talked to Ocean Lakes Campground reservations and there are only 16 campsites that remain in our reserved sites, so call them and get your reservations made soon.

Here is an aireal view of the areas where our sites are located, you will have to call them to find out where the remaining sites are located. the photo is acurate in its layout as the beach area runs from the Northeast at the top to the Southwest at the bottom and the majority of our sites are located in section HH which is the area Southwest of Sand Dune Drive and the remaining sites are located in section H which is on the Northeast side of Sand Dune Drive.

We do not have all of the sites that you see in section HH, as there were already reserved sites taken, that are used by snowbirds every year in that area.
Attached Thumbnails
OCEAN LAKES AIREAL PHOTO.jpg  

JOHN FINN
1982 FC35RB
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 02-23-2009

I've got mine reserved. HH7 at the corner of Seaside and Sand Dune. John, do you know how they have us blocked for sites?