Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > LX and LXI (Unique Issues)

LX and LXI (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your LX or LXI model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THOSE ISSUES INVOLVED WITH ANY LAWSUIT.....list your LX and LXI Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 07-18-2011

Default hydraulic slide/jack question

The warning buzzer, indicating one of my leveling jacks is still down, will not turn off...I have visually checked the jacks and they are all fully retracted...while tracing down another issue with the slide, I noticed/was surprised that the hydraulic locking plungers ( top left and right corners...hard to get to for visual inspection) were not engaged when the slide was pulled in....I believe this is the same hydraulic system....could this be why the buzzer is not going off....if so any suggestions for both issues 1) buzzer 2) hydraulic locking plungers not engaged.....
Old 07-19-2011

My alternator was drawing my engine bats down rather quickley. national indoor storage in Lewisville put a relay in to correct problem. now gen only hot when sw is on.

Jamie Erwin
2000 LXI
Old 07-19-2011
davidmbrady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Ickler View Post
The warning buzzer, indicating one of my leveling jacks is still down, will not turn off...I have visually checked the jacks and they are all fully retracted...while tracing down another issue with the slide, I noticed/was surprised that the hydraulic locking plungers ( top left and right corners...hard to get to for visual inspection) were not engaged when the slide was pulled in....I believe this is the same hydraulic system....could this be why the buzzer is not going off....if so any suggestions for both issues 1) buzzer 2) hydraulic locking plungers not engaged.....
Hi Kurt, in order for the locking pins to engage, the slide retract button needs to be held for a few seconds after the slide has stopped an until the hydraulic pump stops running. This ensures that hydraulic pressure is diverted from the slide ram cylinders to the locking pins; it also ensures that the synchronization cylinder was able to zero itself, which is very important for uniform ram operation. If after this they still don't engage, check the Hall Effect sensors that are mounted to the locking pin body. These are held in place with a short tab of metal and a screw. These sensors are triggered by a magnet in the slide body. Sometimes the sensors work themselves loose and become misaligned with the magnets and the locks are never activated. Pins not engaging will sound the buzzer.

If a jack is not retracted it will show as a red led on the HWH leveling keypad, and yes, the buzzer will sound. If you verified that the jack is indeed retracted but the red led is on then you probably need a new "warning switch" for that jack. You can verify this by uncoupling the two wire packard connector at the jack. If the led and the buzzer both turn off then you need a new switch. If they don't then you may have a wiring problem from the jack to the hwh panel located in the basement bay (first bay streetside).

One more thing, the HWH stuff runs off chassis power. Make sure you have fully charged chassis batteries. I usually work my HWH stuff with the "aux bat" dash switch thrown so that I also get juice from the house bat bank. If I can, I use shore power or genny power so that the chargers can supply their full 280A of current to the HWH pump.

This probably a good time to verify that you have adequate fluid in the HWH reservoir.
Old 09-16-2012

As luck would have it.....just got my coach back from George Morris and have an HWH issue. Coach is in the driveway, jacks down and slide went out 4" and then stopped. Fluid was under the bus. Took the cover off the HWH in the bay. Had Sally operate the slide pump and fluid was leaking from one of the four chambers with the adjustment T screws on the end. Question, what are those called and should I replace all 4 if my mechanic is in there. We are leaving for Laughflin AFB on Friday for my sons graduation from AF Pilot school and need to get it ordered Monday.
Thanks, Bruce

Bruce and Sally Summerlin
Germantown, Tennessee
2000 LXi Millinium
Old 09-16-2012
John Wyatt – Administrator/Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallySummerlin View Post
As luck would have it.....just got my coach back from George Morris and have an HWH issue. Coach is in the driveway, jacks down and slide went out 4" and then stopped. Fluid was under the bus. Took the cover off the HWH in the bay. Had Sally operate the slide pump and fluid was leaking from one of the four chambers with the adjustment T screws on the end. Question, what are those called and should I replace all 4 if my mechanic is in there. We are leaving for Laughflin AFB on Friday for my sons graduation from AF Pilot school and need to get it ordered Monday.
Thanks, Bruce
Hi Bruce,

Not sure we’re talking about the same thing but the leveling system on my 91 has 4 Tee handle drain valves that allow you to drain the fluid out if a Hydraulic jack won’t retract the normal way (The fluid drains out on ground if you don’t catch it). If you’re looking at the same thing it could be as simple as twisting the Tee handle valve closed and replacing the lost fluid to bring the reservoir back to the normal level.
Body Number F095567
My Location: http://www.bbirdmaps.com/user1.cfm?user=4

1991 40' WB ...From 2008 - Present
1984 ½ PT-36 .From 2000 - 2008
1973 FC-31 .....From 1991 - 2001

Old 09-16-2012

Default HWH Picture

The round drums on the side, the second one leaks like a hose when the pump is engaged. What is it called? Should I replace all 4?
Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3099.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	18306  

Germantown, Tennessee
2000 LXi Millinium
Old 09-16-2012

John, is that what you were taking about?
Bruce

Germantown, Tennessee
2000 LXi Millinium
Old 09-16-2012
davidmbrady

Hi Bruce,

Those are the retract, extend, lock, and unlock solenoids. The pigtails connected to them should be labeled.
Old 09-16-2012

Thanks David, are they repairable or replace? Should, HWH have them in stock?
Bruce

Germantown, Tennessee
2000 LXi Millinium
Old 09-16-2012
John Wyatt – Administrator/Moderator

Those look like the same thing I was talking about but in your case they appear to be using them for the slides as David says.

The “solenoid valves” look like they have the same type Tee handle manual “drain valves”.

Even if closing the tee handle valve doesn’t fix the problem, I still don’t see a need to replace all of them if just one is leaking.

I would think HWH would stock them - the Tee handle drain valve might be an add on "option" so I would ask about that when ordering to be sure the new ones comes with it.

I've never had one apart but they may be rebuildable - not sure.
Body Number F095567
My Location: http://www.bbirdmaps.com/user1.cfm?user=4

1991 40' WB ...From 2008 - Present
1984 ½ PT-36 .From 2000 - 2008
1973 FC-31 .....From 1991 - 2001