Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > BMC (Bluebird Motor Coach Unique Issues)

BMC (Bluebird Motor Coach Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your BMC coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.....List your BMC Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 03-08-2019

Default Egt/boost routing

I need to run the boost and egt cabling from the engine compartment to the instrument cluster. Has anyone done this or know what the best route to take is going to be? It may be obvious once I’m in there but the snow is still melting so I’m looking for a game plan.
Old 03-09-2019

Hi Leroy, I haven’t installed the gauges you are looking to install, but if I were going to do it I would look at this thread. Dan isn’t on the forum anymore, but lots of info here. https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.c...ead.php?t=5490
F110660
Old 03-09-2019

I would look into electric gauges or at least check with the gauge manufacturer if the long distance between the sender and the gauge is OK. I know the boost gauge is just a pressure tube but even pressure could be affected at that distance (At least response)
2000 LX40 ME "Angry Bird!"
Body# 129047
RShrimp@Yahoo.com
Old 03-09-2019

I was going to use the gauges from the banks kit that I have. I’ll have to go look again but I think the leads are 50’. Tim thanks for the link there’s a lot of info in there. I’ll have to find a more direct route though if I stick with the gauges I have.
Old 2 Weeks Ago

I wanted to follow up on this for future research. I just finished getting the gauges in. I was lost in the weeds for a while looking at all sorts of different gauges. In the end I decided to use what I had and save the gauge update for the future. I spent a while digging around for places to route the wiring. I discovered if you take out the rear roof panel in the basement that there is access to the frame rails where the main wiring runs are. It took some work but I pulled the wiring from the engine compartment down the ds frame rail into the basement, from there you pull it from the generator compartment down the ps framerail, inside the generator bay it route back to the ds and up into the exterior electrical compartment next to the drivers seat and finally into the dash area. I left ropes in each section in case I need to pull more wiring in the future. You don’t need to drill any holes or tear any of the inside of the coach apart like using the wiring chases up stairs. I removed the electronic compass from the dash, made a small patch plate for the gauges to mount in for now. Here are a couple of pics.

Old 2 Weeks Ago

I have the Banks gauges in my BMC and I like them. They will be a big help keeping an eye on things.
1999, Jeep Cherokee, Toad
1970, VW Baja Bug, Alternate Toad
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Brad what boost pressure do you normally see under load?
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeRoy View Post
Brad what boost pressure do you normally see under load?
Maximum boost with the Banks Stinger varies according to rpm etc. However when I bought the BMC with the Banks already installed the highest boost I saw was 32 psi. I discovered that the EGT temps were to high for my comfort level. I moved the fuel plate about a pencil lead width towards less fuel. Now the maximum boost I see is 30 psi with an EGT reading of about 1200 degrees pre-turbo. Now I do not have to watch the EGT as much as before.

Hope that helps
1999, Jeep Cherokee, Toad
1970, VW Baja Bug, Alternate Toad
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Thanks for the info Brad. I installed my egt post turbo. The fuel plate hasn’t been installed in ours yet. I’ll do that at some point in the future. I bought some items today so I can pressure test the intake system before going any further.