Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Good, Bad, and Ugly > Service Centers & Mobile Mechanics

Service Centers & Mobile Mechanics Good Places To Stop For Repairs And Maintenance, Mobile Mechanics, Or Bad Places To Avoid Too -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please add the names of facilities that you can recommend for service and repairs for a 'Bird, or those places to avoid for the same things. Be sure to give as much information as you can....... NAME OF BUSINESS..... BUSINESS LOCATION..... BUSINESS PHONE NUMBER..... BUSINESS CONTACT PERSON..... YEAR/ MODEL/ENGINE/TRANS OF 'BIRD WORKED ON..... WHAT ARE THEIR HOURLY REPAIR RATES..... SERVICE WAS GOOD, OR BAD..... WHAT KIND OF SERVICE, OR REPAIR WAS DONE..... REASON YOU RECOMMEND, OR AVOID DOING BUSINESS WITH THEM..... YOUR NAME..... Here is a tip about how to post your record and comments. First copy the topics above and then open a "New Thread" with the NAME OF THE BUSINESS and/or the TOWN WHERE THE BUSINESS IS LOCATED, then paste what you just copied there and then fill in the information.

Site Search:

Old 04-28-2016

Default SC - Bishopville Area I-20

Needing Mobile Service. High Coolant Light and Buzzer. Pulled off waiting for it to cool. Called Good Sam. Continues to frustrate at poor service. They told me to find someone after two hours. Have made several calls . Found Browns RV Superstore in Mc Bee,SC has been arranged to come assist. No ruptured cooling lines or belts. No apparent leak cooling. Last service added DEXron 2.

Spartan
1996 BMC 37
Spartan Chasis / Cummins
Tech Line helpful.

>narrowed search
There suggestion,
1)Check fluid in Power steering it drives the pump for cooling fan.
2)Check Cooling
3)Check filter for Res. Power steering
3)Then Go to sensor
4)Yours...
wwg@mac.com
Toad 2001 Venture
Toad 2006 PT Cruiser Ragtop
Tandem Tow Dolley
Forest River 24 Toy Barn
Old 04-28-2016
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wm Giles View Post
Needing Mobile Service. High Coolant Light and Buzzer. Pulled off waiting for it to cool. Called Good Sam. Continues to frustrate at poor service. They told me to find someone after two hours. Have made several calls . Found Browns RV Superstore in Mc Bee,SC has been arranged to come assist. No ruptured cooling lines or belts. No apparent leak cooling. Last service added DEXron 2.

Spartan
1996 BMC 37
Spartan Chasis / Cummins
Tech Line helpful.

>narrowed search

There suggestion,
1)Check fluid in Power steering it drives the pump for cooling fan.
2)Check Cooling
3)Check filter for Res. Power steering
3)Then Go to sensor
4)Yours...

You need to call Cummins,and have them send a service truck.
An RV store is not someone that can fix a bird,normally.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 04-28-2016
Forum owner

contact http://www.rushtruckcenters.com/

they have worked on Birds before.
the closest one may be charlotte NC

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 04-28-2016
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Try this one they are about 60 miles from Bishopville closer than Charlotte, I use them for the work that I am unable to do when I'm at the home base, they service multiple charter bus fleets as well as private coaches.

Wanderlodge Owners Group > Good, Bad, and Ugly > Service Centers & Mobile Mechanics > KEN'S REPAIR (2 lOCATIONS) SOUTH CAROLINA

Cummins Atlantic also has a large shop in Columbia, SC. (803) 799-2410

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 04-29-2016

Default Thank You's. - Randy, Bryan, John, Jerry, Spartan

FYI.
Cummins Atlantic dies not have a service truck to send out. Helpful in answering Phone and calling back, no help if stuck on Road. Good point about Rush and using competent help.

Wrecker Experence and Horror stories, keep me from allowing Good Sam to call tow after three hours of no help finding mobile mechanic.

Found McBee RV super center, they service Jimmy Johnsons coach and several other race car drivers. There cummins tech came out with service writer to assist. Limited parts after 6:00. I got them at 6:30, arrived at 7:00. They were able to narrow it down to a stuck thermostat. We were able to restart run ten miles stop to get to good spot for be t day. They got the cummins people on line and set up a return call with the Atlantic people. During there call we topped off fluid to power steering and fan and added some cooling. No visible leaks accept around fan motor, very minor, but needs to be addressed.

Spartan rep pulled bill sheets and reviewed checklist to determine what caused the alarm since no fluid discharges.

The fan which is run by the power steering hydraulics, could be low which would call fan issues, suggested to bring fluids up to recommended mark. Also I. Rest or a filter needs to be changed annually. 12 qts

Having gone through electrical diagrams, to validate sensors we were unable to locate easily those connections.

After limping seven miles at a time. I opened rear engine hatch and left open for next run.

Mark Trammell a non Bluebird owner, recommended turning heat on to get additional run time.

Wow.. That did it or the SC roads boom boom boom on the joints. The thermostat opened, and temp stay At 165-175 for the next hundred seventy miles.

Jerry called to tell me about WW Williams. And offered any help he could. Thanks

Bryan diligently help by trying multiple places along way.... Thank you...

Randy's answer to my initial post was so timely, and always helpful.

And John who keeps this wonderful forums together... Again Thanks..

Home safely and plugged at 4:00 am.

Ps No day like this should end, unless you stop at Waffle House...
wwg@mac.com
Toad 2001 Venture
Toad 2006 PT Cruiser Ragtop
Tandem Tow Dolley
Forest River 24 Toy Barn
Old 04-29-2016

I see you mentioned WW Williams. Just a note to say I had a great, but expensive, experience with them at their Birmingham location. The old addage, Fast, Good, Cheap .... pick 2 comes to mind. I picked fast and good and got it from WW Williams!
Birdless for now.
RShrimp@Yahoo.com