Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > General Discussion > New Members

New Members New members to the forum are welcomed here.

Site Search:

Old 04-28-2017

Default 2003 Wanderlodge issues

Just wanted to give a little update on our progress since i have made contact with Tim and then Al a few days ago. Tim has been very helpful over the phone this week and lucky for me Al has been staying just 15 min away from my place at park. Al has been at my place the last two days working his tail off trying to figure out why my jacks don't work and as of tonight he and some other bird owners believe the HWH metal box in the first bay on the driver side has a short of some kind. Al found in the door below drivers window on the outside a small 15A fuse labeled Slide/Levelers that was blown and when we replaced it it blow again, this is the fuse or one of the fuses for that HWH control board in the metal box. so just to verify it we took out the three blue 15A in the metal box were the power comes in and then put another small 15a fuse in again and it did NOT blow which leads us to believe it has now been isolated to the HWH metal box that has the three control boards. So now i need to either take out the metal box and ship for repairs or take a trip to HWH and let them fix it there and then go ahead and put a new slide seal in as well that we need. If we are able top go to Shipshewana Indiana rally in the first part of june then we will definitely take it west 6 hours to HWH and let take care of it all.

Thanks for everyones help.

Cameron
Old 04-28-2017
Tired and now Retired!!

I have taken mine to HWH and have had awesome service.
They replaced a number of parts that were questionable, spent over 15 hours on it and my bill was under $300!!!
If you are going to be passing thru their area I would definitely suggest setting up an appointment.
GregBryantSr@gmail.com
(904) 612-3878 (Leave msg if I don't know your number)
Where is B-Hemoth?
Map of Service Centers
Map of RV Parks
Old 04-28-2017

Try calling Stuart at Stuart's Service. His shop is factory authorized, stocks parts and he's very helpful.
574 262 0225
fmca 200288
eglider03@gmail.com
Old 04-28-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolmaker View Post
Try calling Stuart at Stuart's Service. His shop is factory authorized, stocks parts and he's very helpful.
574 262 0225
Cameron, if you do call Stuarts up in Elkhart, IN you need to let them know what you think the problem might be and make an appointment. So far I know of a couple of people that have gone there and been happy, but they don't stock parts, but have to have them shipped in from HWH. It is just down the road from Shipshewana.

Jim and Michele Walters
2000 LX ME
'93 WLWB (Sold)
Bluebird of Happiness
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
260-224-1278
Old 04-28-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abirdslife View Post
Just wanted to give a little update on our progress since i have made contact with Tim and then Al a few days ago. Tim has been very helpful over the phone this week and lucky for me Al has been staying just 15 min away from my place at park. Al has been at my place the last two days working his tail off trying to figure out why my jacks don't work and as of tonight he and some other bird owners believe the HWH metal box in the first bay on the driver side has a short of some kind. Al found in the door below drivers window on the outside a small 15A fuse labeled Slide/Levelers that was blown and when we replaced it it blow again, this is the fuse or one of the fuses for that HWH control board in the metal box. so just to verify it we took out the three blue 15A in the metal box were the power comes in and then put another small 15a fuse in again and it did NOT blow which leads us to believe it has now been isolated to the HWH metal box that has the three control boards. So now i need to either take out the metal box and ship for repairs or take a trip to HWH and let them fix it there and then go ahead and put a new slide seal in as well that we need. If we are able top go to Shipshewana Indiana rally in the first part of june then we will definitely take it west 6 hours to HWH and let take care of it all.

Thanks for everyones help.

Cameron
Cameron,

I'm sure Al has pointed you to this thread, it sounds like you are having the same issue I had.

http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.co...ad.php?t=19585

I contacted HWH via email and they were very helpful. The email thread is a bit long for this forum but I can forward you it if your interested. Attached is the control box diagram they send me. On mine, the fuse only blew when F3 was plugged in.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf HWH Control Box.pdf (31.0 KB, 39 views)
Herndon, VA
Old 04-28-2017

Dan,

It was your thread over 2 years or so , hahaha that got us going . Ultimately it was communication with 2 experts, that not only showed great patients with me on the phone , but walked us through many procedures to ultimately determine the issue is on the HWH side . Just as you discovered Dan

Now the question is , if only the fuse blows when the 15amp battery fuse on the HWH is put in , does this mean only 1 board in the HWH box is bad, or is the entire box need to be repaired . The fuse that blows on the coach side is P1d4 , and on the HWH side Battery .

2000 LXI Single Slide (sold)
1999 Prevost Vantare 45

Ormond Beach, Florida
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME
alperna@yahoo.com
386 290 3444
www.fastcubes.com
Old 04-28-2017
Forum owner

I had a coach last summer that had the same issues Al.
Sometimes the slide worked,sometimes the jacks worked,sometimes nothing worked.
KC took it to HWH for me and they replaced a board or something on a board and fixed it,$600 and good as new.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 04-28-2017

thank you Randy , I think we are trying to determine if only 1 board needs to be repaired or the entire box , Like Dan did , needs to be shipped to HWH .

2000 LXI Single Slide (sold)
1999 Prevost Vantare 45

Ormond Beach, Florida
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME
alperna@yahoo.com
386 290 3444
www.fastcubes.com
Old 04-28-2017
Forum owner

Hey Al,i didn't know you could tell which board is bad! hehehee!
We were on the way by HWH so we took them the coach,they did all the testing and then took the box off and went into the magic room and came back out an hour later,just like magic!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 04-28-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by al perna View Post
Dan,

Now the question is , if only the fuse blows when the 15amp battery fuse on the HWH is put in , does this mean only 1 board in the HWH box is bad, or is the entire box need to be repaired . The fuse that blows on the coach side is P1d4 , and on the HWH side Battery .
I had the same fuse blowing. Narrowed it down to it only blowing when F3 fuse on the board was in. I had to send in the whole board, that was so much fun! See final email from HWH:

Yes you will need to send the entire box. We have to have the entire thing to make sure we get the issue and make sure there are no other issues with it. Most of the wires simply unplug so that should be pretty easy, but I would make myself a road map so you know how to plug it all back in or mark the harnesses so they match. You will then need to call our parts department and get an RGA# to send it in with. They will ask you for the AP# on the box so make sure you have that handy. You can reach the parts department at 800-321-3494 between 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM central time Monday thru Friday.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HWH control picture.JPG
Views:	42
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	48537  
Herndon, VA