Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Tires, Wheels, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions

Tires, Wheels, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach's Tires, Wheels, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions and related components.

Site Search:

Old 05-20-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamflagman View Post

I also found the 1" X 6" long grade 8 bolts, washers and nuts at a local Tractor Supply store and saved a lot of $$ in the process, I tried to get them at Fastenal since they were close to Fleetpride where the panhard bar was ordered and Fastenal wanted $55.00 whereas tractor Supply was billed by the pound and sold for $18.00 plus tax, what a difference.
When we sheared that one rear bolt we were in Wickenburg. Now while it is a beautiful town it is noted for its Dude Ranches not its auto supplies. Thank God there was a tractor supply or it would have been an all day trip to Phoenix and Copper State nut and bolt. And I even got a cool new gardening hat like my Dad used to wear with the green plastic shade in the front of the brim!
Old 07-27-2018
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Of course I was right Here was another problem that we had to address;

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamflagman View Post
REAR SUSPENSION PANHARD ROD BOLT FAILURE WARNING AND REPAIR
A link to a photographic description of the warning and repair of the rear panhard rod failure on 'Birds. the failure warning article is by Jeff Miller

Be sure to click on NEXT at the right of each page for more information, only if your are viewing these pictures on my web site;

Be sure to also check out;

Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Tires, Brakes and Suspensions > FRONT PANHARD BAR REBUILD

Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Tires, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions > Front Panhard bar bushing replacement

Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Tires, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions > Failure of Right Front Panhard Bracket

Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Tires, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions > Panhard Replacement Sources

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11