Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > PT & WB (Twin Axle Pusher Unique Issues)

PT & WB (Twin Axle Pusher Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your PT or WB model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it....list your PT Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 10-26-2019

That would be bad...did you removed the line completely or just use it then when winterizing is done ?
If you remove the air, how do you empty the water heater with a Versa valve installed ? Remove that too ? I just spent the money to change the Versa valve and have the system work as it should...
Old 10-26-2019

My coach is currently at Coachcraft by McDonald up in Columbus. In addition to new flooring in the main cabin and some maintenance jobs I've got disconnecting and plugging that switch on the list.

Lynn Haven, Florida
1999 LXi 43 dual slide
Honda CR-V toad

850 814 9022
Old 10-26-2019

Then I guess I would have to get to the Versa again and gut it or remove it all together, install a manual drain and bypass on the water heater so that water heater drain can be done and winterizing without filling the water heater with antifreeze.....

Then eliminate the water purge with air system all together and its link into the air system of the coach.....

Question...what if the air supply for this purge system (if one has it fully operational and doing its job...) it tied only into the auxiliary air bus system and not tied into the brakes and suspension etc....say, maybe an air line coming off the Auxiliary Air compressor with no other connection in the coach system and made to do that job ? In normal, resting position, the Versa valve functions to supply hot water to the bus regardless if there is air in the bus systems or not, with switches in the correct position, activating the AUX compressor will have no effect other than supplying air to the dump valves.

Thoughts ?
Old 10-26-2019

Your best bet would probably be to either put a good ball valve in the air line or use flexible line and put a standard disconnect (air chuck) in the line; disconnect when not in use so any water leakage backwards would just drip on the compartment floor.

Mine will just be disconnected and I'll use shop air regulated down to about 60 psi and an adapter if/when I need to blow out the system.

Lynn Haven, Florida
1999 LXi 43 dual slide
Honda CR-V toad

850 814 9022
Old 10-26-2019

Good ideas and easy to do. Identify the incoming air line and put a ball valve on it..nothing can go either direction anymore...

I don't think you need extra air regulation down the 60 psi. The system was designed to be used with its own bus air which can and will be up to 120psi. There has to be a regulator somewhere already on the line coming under the bed where the valves and switches are to empty the water heater, water tank and blow off the water lines...I should put a gauge on the incoming like and see what pressure it has...now I am curious if it regulated down from 120 psi...
Old 10-26-2019

I was just going to use a shrader to hose fitting adapter on the incoming water line and regulate down just to be safe (and because it's easy to do).

Lynn Haven, Florida
1999 LXi 43 dual slide
Honda CR-V toad

850 814 9022
Old 10-26-2019

Yes, do that
1983 FC 35, Sold
Valparaiso, Indiana
Old 10-26-2019
Administrator

If you can get to the HWH, there is a drain valve , just like a home HWH,
drill a hole in the floor add a piece of hose & drain., install a HWH by-pass.
Old 10-27-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahansm View Post
I was just going to use a shrader to hose fitting adapter on the incoming water line and regulate down just to be safe (and because it's easy to do).
That's what I do. Blow it all out. Add pink to tank. Pump it thru out all systems. And, since I don't have a bypass on the water heater, I fill that too.
Cheap insurance.

Melvin and Charlene Pierce
Scranton, ND
"Smoke N Mirrors" Royale Conversion
1990 PT40WB
Old 11-04-2019

I have a quick question I'll be using the coach this winter to go see some family and we live in the Pacific northwest they live up state a tad and western Oregon doesn't freeze very much.. what would you guys suggest to be a " winterizing lite" like should I leave a lil electric heater on inside when the report is going to be freezing when were not occupying it
1987 pt40 the Siam Express
1966 Impala ss Convertible
1983 BMW 533I