Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Buying a Wanderlodge, a Bluebird or any RV

Buying a Wanderlodge, a Bluebird or any RV Ready to take the plunge or looking to upgrade and you have questions? Folks are standing by ready to help.

Site Search:

Old 12-01-2019

Default Wanderlodge Tours

My wife and I are considering purchasing an SP or an FC. However, we would like to see some units in person locally prior to taking the plunge and traveling out of state to pick one up. We would also like to get the perspective of current owners to know what it’s like to own one.

Is there anyone in the Chicagoland area willing to let us take a tour of their bus?

Feel free to use this thread to post if you are willing to provide tours in other parts of the country, as well. I’m sure there are others interested in purchasing that would like the opportunity for a tour.
Old 12-01-2019

Visit a rally for best viewing capability. Most have a designated Coach Tour Day. For details of each including schedules, check out Take’n It Easy category near bottom of first WOG Forum splash page. Second biggest one is coming up in Jan - Q (2hr drive W of Phoenix). Once you know which model you’re interested in, our Forum Owner Randy D & his BBBB page is the place to go - yellow banner at top of every WOG Forum page. Good hunting!
Old 12-01-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchv70 View Post
My wife and I are considering purchasing an SP or an FC. However, we would like to see some units in person locally prior to taking the plunge and traveling out of state to pick one up. We would also like to get the perspective of current owners to know what it’s like to own one.

Is there anyone in the Chicagoland area willing to let us take a tour of their bus?

Feel free to use this thread to post if you are willing to provide tours in other parts of the country, as well. I’m sure there are others interested in purchasing that would like the opportunity for a tour.
I'm about 120 miles from you and you are welcome to look at mine to get an idea of what they are made of. It isn't an SP or FC but a wide body. But if you are that inexperienced in Wanderlodges it will at least give you a clue of what they are about so as you search you may at least have a clue.

Jim and Michele Walters
2000 LX ME
'93 WLWB (Sold)
Bluebird of Happiness
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
260-224-1278
Old 12-01-2019
RV Appraiser

I would recommend that you attend the Shipshewana Rally in June, there will be 30 or more coaches for review. Well worth the trip, you could rent one of the cabins there at the Shipshewana North RV Park.
Louisville, KY/Jeffersonville, IN
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Our Blog
Our Location
https://allwheelappraisals.com/
Email or call only - please do not send PM

johns.mcginnis @ hotmail.com
502-417-5681
.,=====o00
//___l__,\____\,___
l_--- \___l----[]lllllll[]
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_
Old 5 Days Ago

Happy I found this thread. My wife and I have been thinking and looking for a WL, too. I'm thinking it would be very nice to get inside one and get a tour, in and out, over and under.

I'm thinking that the two of us and our 'kids' would be comfortable in something shorter than 40', and I'd like to keep it under that so it's 'easy' to park in our shop and drag our open car trailer around, but am wondering just how short we can comfortably go?

I've been looking at PTs, but since there are now a couple of nice FCs on Randy's site, they're not out of the question, either.

I know the current environment is probably making that request a hard no, but once things cool down a bunch, we'd love to look at one, or more, and see how they 'fit'. Please let us know if there are any WOGgers in the Houston, Texas, area who might open their bus up for some noobs to have a poke around. Thank you.
Old 5 Days Ago

There are a few in Texas; and I may be around that area too as soon as the whole pandemic goes away.

Marcelino Abalos
1979 FC35XV
Dania Beach, Florida
Old 5 Days Ago
BMC 37 Song Bird

Hi there
We are on the west side of Indianapolis.
Come on down.
Song Bird
Old 5 Days Ago

Thanks, Marcelino. I know there are some in Texas, and SE Texas, to boot, but I don't know who or where, and if they don't mind some strangers crawling around their bus. That's why my post here.

Your FC looks nice, and they're something we're looking at. I'm thinking in the FC arena, we'd want a turbo, but again, am not certain.
Old 5 Days Ago
BIG MAMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGas View Post
Once you know which model you’re interested in, our Forum Owner Randy D & his BBBB page is the place to go - yellow banner at top of every WOG Forum page. Good hunting!
The BuyByeBlueBird banner at the top of my page, on my iPad, is blue.....

Most folks are HAPPY and PROUD to show off their Birds.

It is THE place to find your Bird. Happy hunting.
2001 LXI single slide
04 M 380.......with goat rails SOLD
89 SP SOLD
Woodwinds450@yahoo.com
Old 4 Days Ago

Gene,

I currently have my bus under construction, but you are welcome to come take a look at it. Just give me a call. I'll be happy to show you my FCSB.
281-546-2445