Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Parts Wanted

Parts Wanted Need a certain part for your coach? Post it here to see if someone has what you need or knows where you can find it.

Site Search:

Old 02-18-2020

Default HWH Landing Foot to Fit 1999 LXi

Somehow the rear curb side landing foot on my 1999 LXi got knocked off leaving the springs behind. The landing foot is rectangular with the corners trimmed at 45 degree angles. I called HWH for a replacement and they sent me a round foot, saying that the rectangular one is no longer made and the round one was the proper replacement. The round one fits in place fine. The only problem is that the steerable tag axle allows the tire to come in contact with the foot when I back up and turn the wheel all the way to the right. The tire catches the edge of the foot and flips it up and off the end of the piston. When I start to go forward the edge of the tire tread catches the foot and it bangs against the cylinder. I have tried trimming the foot where it contacts the tire and that has helped a lot, but it still gets pushed off occasionally. I would like to find the proper NOS or used replacement.

Thanks,
Old 02-18-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by greaabb View Post
Somehow the rear curb side landing foot on my 1999 LXi got knocked off leaving the springs behind. The landing foot is rectangular with the corners trimmed at 45 degree angles. I called HWH for a replacement and they sent me a round foot, saying that the rectangular one is no longer made and the round one was the proper replacement. The round one fits in place fine. The only problem is that the steerable tag axle allows the tire to come in contact with the foot when I back up and turn the wheel all the way to the right. The tire catches the edge of the foot and flips it up and off the end of the piston. When I start to go forward the edge of the tire tread catches the foot and it bangs against the cylinder. I have tried trimming the foot where it contacts the tire and that has helped a lot, but it still gets pushed off occasionally. I would like to find the proper NOS or used replacement.

Thanks,
Is it possible to swap a front pad with the round one on the rear?

Jim and Michele Walters
2000 LX ME
'93 WLWB (Sold)
Bluebird of Happiness
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
260-224-1278
Old 02-18-2020

The front pads are about 10" square, the rears are 12". Lots more weight on the back end.

Lynn Haven, Florida
1999 LXi 43 dual slide
Honda CR-V toad

850 814 9022
Old 02-18-2020
Forum owner

Colaws rv salvage in Joplin Mo has a wrecked 93 WB,the bottom from that should work.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 02-18-2020

Probably will have to buy the entire assembly from Colaws.

Brian Stephens
'97 PT43
Old 02-19-2020
John Wyatt – Administrator/Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by greaabb View Post

Thanks,
Since your original rectangular foot and the round replacement foot both got knocked off, maybe the problem is actually with the steerable tag axle or jack alignment, etc?
Body Number F095567
My Location: http://www.bbirdmaps.com/user1.cfm?user=4

1991 40' WB ...From 2008 - Present
1984 ½ PT-36 .From 2000 - 2008
1973 FC-31 .....From 1991 - 2001