Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > General Discussion > New Members

New Members New members to the forum are welcomed here.

Site Search:

Old 05-17-2013

Default My name is Alan and . . .

. . . I was a lurker, sometimes several times a day for 5 years. I couldn't help myself. I found this site too addicting. So I decided to finally join, deepen my addiction and for today at least, I am the newest member or something like your 3626th member.
All kidding aside, it has been a very long time dream of my wife and myself to someday own a motor home and see every inch of North America. I appreciate all the information I have learned from so many of you and of course the best information I learned is to go with a Wanderlodge. I've looked at other sites and no other site seems to have the quality discussions, thoughts , ideas, and people that this one does.
It always seemed like our retirement would never come but here we are only 32 days away - it all went by so fast. Actually it's my wife's retirement from teaching. I've been retired from sales for 5 years. We almost made a "mistake" and considered SOB about two months ago. It was owned by a very good friend who passed away but the surviving spouse included too many of their wonderful memories in the asking price. Whew, saved from SOB. Now we will start searching in earnest for our own very special Bird.
Thanks once again, you have all been wonderful and thanks for letting me come to roost with all of you in the Bluebird Nest.
2013 Lincoln MKX (toad)
alan.darson@gmail.com
Old 05-17-2013

Welcome Alan. We are happy you chose us as one of your sources. You live in a part of the country where there are a few birds and their keepers and very friendly. When you are ready to look to buy give Randy a call. He has helped many on this site and other sites as well to find that perfect Wanderlodge.
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 05-18-2013

Welcome Alan,
I don't know if you are ready or not or what kind of Bird you are looking for but there are some real nice ones out there now and a couple of the at what appears to be a good price. Hope you get a Bird soon and start enjoying the lifestyle. It is the best and this group is the best. When you start coming to rallies you will be even more addicted. The people on this site and the best there is. You will see that right off when you meet them.

Jim and Michele Walters
2000 LX ME
'93 WLWB (Sold)
Bluebird of Happiness
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
260-224-1278
Old 05-18-2013
Adult??

Cool

Hi From Poland

We keep our Bird in the USA and use it to get away from the Cold
each year.

The folks here are wonderful and ready to help eachother

Have fun shopping

Many here will chime in to help

1981 FC-35

Poland
Old 05-18-2013
1995 WB 42’ Series 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan.darson@gmail.com View Post
. . . I was a lurker, sometimes several times a day for 5 years. I couldn't help myself. I found this site too addicting. So I decided to finally join, deepen my addiction and for today at least, I am the newest member or something like your 3626th member.
All kidding aside, it has been a very long time dream of my wife and myself to someday own a motor home and see every inch of North America. I appreciate all the information I have learned from so many of you and of course the best information I learned is to go with a Wanderlodge. I've looked at other sites and no other site seems to have the quality discussions, thoughts , ideas, and people that this one does.
It always seemed like our retirement would never come but here we are only 32 days away - it all went by so fast. Actually it's my wife's retirement from teaching. I've been retired from sales for 5 years. We almost made a "mistake" and considered SOB about two months ago. It was owned by a very good friend who passed away but the surviving spouse included too many of their wonderful memories in the asking price. Whew, saved from SOB. Now we will start searching in earnest for our own very special Bird.
Thanks once again, you have all been wonderful and thanks for letting me come to roost with all of you in the Bluebird Nest.
Welcome Alan,
You have come to the right place if you are looking for a Bird. I too chose a Blue Bird because of this site. I agree with Rick, Give Randy a call and he will steer you in the right direction for ownership.
Good luck in your search, and don't be shy. And of course, sure you know about our gettogether in Pine Mountian where there were 140 birds last year.
Please use e mail instead of Private Message
Mallie@EuLake.com
Old 05-18-2013
Administrator

". . . I was a lurker, sometimes several times a day for 5 years. I couldn't help myself. I found this site too addicting. So I decided to finally join, deepen my addiction,"

With your times spent on the forum you are probably knowledgeable of our Birds, and we are here to help you both enjoy this fix-it and travel hobby.
Ask questions, and ask for a volunteer to check out the Bird of your interest. Well spent $$ is visiting rallies or an adventure trip to inspect a prospective Bird. This hobby is additive but not more expensive than other addictions.
Old 05-18-2013

Welcome Alan! Happy Happy Happy hunting!
Fruita Colorado
Old 05-18-2013

Welcome - sure hope your BB addiction isn't so severe as to require medication

I still need them

Go get that Bird
"Bordering On Adequate"
Old 05-18-2013

hi Alan
best thing for the "BB fever" daily visits to wog...and of course
a coach of your own and a couple of rallies a year
welcome aboard!!mike
even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile
washington Il.
Old 05-18-2013

Alan, If you really want to get a good overview of BlueBirds, you should make plans to attend the WOG rally in October. I don't know of anywhere else that would give you a broader view of the different birds out there.
Missouri