Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > General

General Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach that are not covered in other Mechanic's Corner categories (ex. refrigerators, water heaters, and compressors).

Site Search:

Old 11-17-2013

Default Recovery Room

Well I found another use for our Beloved BB coach a recovery room after your hospital stay .
On Thurs I had a procedure done that would keep me out of action for 7 - 10 days I was told I could do anything i felt like doing, ha ha ha ha well the joke was on me . There isnt much you feel like doing when someone has been exploring your innards and most likely allowing his apprentice a go at it .
well lets gust say if not for the comfort of my coach, with it s well placed facilities near , i think i would be back in that cold sterile center from which i emerged on Thurs .
I must say the MEDS sure help , but I could have gone to KC for them

I guess i must be feeling better cause the thought of not driving for 10 or more days is starting t sink in Erika and I want to thank every one who called and emailed well wishes . I look forward to once again being on the road , where my LXI will provide me another learning opportunity ha ha ha . lets face it if you dont use it , you can t brake it

well not exactly , it seems that if you plan to defrost the refrigerator and do a major cleaning that requires removing everything and storing it in your home . you should not put a lamp in the frig to see we now have a small hole in the top of the frig Erika said it looks much like the hole I had in me she thought maybe some mesh would fix it . well at least she knows it can be fixed . well it s med time , talk to you later .

Well Erika just returned from ACE Hardware where they recommended Plumbers Epoxy ???

2000 LXI Single Slide (sold)
1999 Prevost Vantare 45

Ormond Beach, Florida
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME
alperna@yahoo.com
386 290 3444
www.fastcubes.com
Old 11-17-2013
Forum owner

well,its good to hear from you.
The stories coming out of Daytona beach had you dead!!
Well,it was a sat. night in Daytona,not much to talk about i guess!

Hernia surgery is tough,you can't do anything without somebody yelling at you!!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 11-17-2013
AKA Tent Boy

Al,
Sorry to hear about the pain you are in... Get well soon Buddy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by al perna View Post
Well I found another use for our Beloved BB coach a recovery room after your hospital stay .
On Thurs I had a procedure done that would keep me out of action for 7 - 10 days I was told I could do anything i felt like doing, ha ha ha ha well the joke was on me . There isnt much you feel like doing when someone has been exploring your innards and most likely allowing his apprentice a go at it .
well lets gust say if not for the comfort of my coach, with it s well placed facilities near , i think i would be back in that cold sterile center from which i emerged on Thurs .
I must say the MEDS sure help , but I could have gone to KC for them

I guess i must be feeling better cause the thought of not driving for 10 or more days is starting t sink in Erika and I want to thank every one who called and emailed well wishes . I look forward to once again being on the road , where my LXI will provide me another learning opportunity ha ha ha . lets face it if you dont use it , you can t brake it

well not exactly , it seems that if you plan to defrost the refrigerator and do a major cleaning that requires removing everything and storing it in your home . you should not put a lamp in the frig to see we now have a small hole in the top of the frig Erika said it looks much like the hole I had in me she thought maybe some mesh would fix it . well at least she knows it can be fixed . well it s med time , talk to you later .

Well Erika just returned from ACE Hardware where they recommended Plumbers Epoxy ???

Larry Dill & Barbara Ribar
Yuma, AZ. 85367
'95 37' BMC 'Pura Vida'
'84 35' FCSB SOLD
2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
sailor7cs@gmail.com
http://www.bbirdmaps.com/user1.cfm?user=26

"Barbara does all the driving, I just hold the wheel"
Old 11-17-2013

Randy , somehow I knew you would know how it felt .lol I cant imagine if i would have been at the house . a flight of steps ough !!! Dead in Daytona , I sure was and that was fine with me . I am not kidding you one night while laying in bed I thought would I move if there was a FIRE !!! , no I said Erika will put it out . The next day I said lets shut that frig down and give her a good cleaning for a few days !!! NO JOKE it is off till i can walk or RUN if needed .

thanks Larry , I guess in a while I wont have any excuses for not working .

1999 Prevost Vantare 45

Ormond Beach, Florida
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME
alperna@yahoo.com
386 290 3444
www.fastcubes.com
Old 11-17-2013
prone to wandering

hey Al, glad to hear that you are on the mend my friend
jimdoel@me.com
Old 11-17-2013

Al,
Sorry to hear that you have been under the weather. Glad you are home and on the mend. Never had an "exploration" so I can't say I feel your pain. But I can guess it wasn't the kind of fun that anyone would look forward to and only thankful that it was over. Get well and hope to see you on the road again soon.

Jim and Michele Walters
2000 LX ME
'93 WLWB (Sold)
Bluebird of Happiness
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
260-224-1278
Old 11-17-2013
Gardner

I remember my hernia operation very well. They put me on the operating table, and without warning stuck a mask over my nose and mouth soaked in ether . A few days in the hospital and then back home. I recall being scolded for running around outside, but it didn't bother me. Of course, at 4 years old you do heal a bit faster
78 FC 33 Happinest (Sold)
Ridgewood, New Jersey
Old 11-17-2013

Gardner , you had me at Either ha ha ha that s to funny . the difference now is they give you something that knocks you out prior to getting the ether treatment . I guess that would be a memory for life .

Jim , thanks buddy I put it off as long as i could ,. I cant wait to get this behind me .
Jim W , I think the " exploratory" was my way of saying it hurts all over ") I am sure they knew where they were going .

1999 Prevost Vantare 45

Ormond Beach, Florida
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME
alperna@yahoo.com
386 290 3444
www.fastcubes.com
Old 11-17-2013

Get a small square of styrene and some "bondene"...I use this in R/C models I build and I bet it would work perfect. Or you could just use duct tape

Oh, and as far as exploratory, I think that's code for "let's open you up and count all the parts to make sure nothing is missing"...that's how it feels anyways! Good luck and glad you are on the upswing!
1984 FC35RB Sold
Old 11-17-2013

Man Al this is the first that I have read of your condition. I hope you feel better soon and tell Erika to take of you well.
AA3RA
1986 PT40
Silver 6V92 DD (Breathing Wide Open)