Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > FC (Forward Control Unique Issues)

FC (Forward Control Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your FC model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.......List your FC Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 03-25-2011

Default FC Generator tray air control valve service?

This past weekend started de-winterizing the FC...aired up with shop air and all seems well with one exception: the genny tray comes out under air power then the "extend air" won't shut off when I release the switch. I have found the solenoid controlled air distribution valve next to the tray ram and it looks just like the valve on the steps...which I cleaned/lubed in years past and have had good service from since.

My question: I plan to remove and dissemble, clean and lube this like I did for the step valve...any tips/hints or suggestions before I start? As I recall removing the "ends" gets you inside and the center valve rod just pulls out. I get good "clicks" and the retract works fine once pressure is released...which leads me to believe I have good electrics...likely just a sticking internal valve body.

Thanks!

Coach photos & comments: http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.co...php?albumid=79
Old 03-25-2011
Adult??

Smile

I think several shots of food grade (won't hurt the seals) spray silicone might save you hours of work!

I got my gen to start a few days ago but no one was near the switch.... any ideas?

1981 FC-35

Poland
Old 03-25-2011

Frank, My 1980 has a rubber nipple on the end of the in and out spool. You can manually trip the spool by pushing the rubber nipple when you have enough air. Mine will sometimes go out of phase with the control switch. A shot of silicone would like CEE says help to make it move easier. Be careful when working on anything powered by air over electricity. It is unforgiving when your arm or fingers or anything is in the way!

Rick in Ohio

1980 FC35, 1961 PD4106 GMC SN:326 Charter member of the Two Bus Club for now
I am in Toledo, Ohio
Rick Gunther