Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > 'Bird Projects & Modifications

'Bird Projects & Modifications Share with us that latest project or modification that you have done to your 'Bird right here.

Site Search:

Old 04-29-2013

I agree. I have to admit that in the beginning I had some doubts due to the complexity of the project but BOY I think you did a nice job. I especial appreciate the fact that you kept it clean and practical and did not French it up.

John Heckman
Shippensburg Pa
1987 PT 36
The Bella Mia Sold
Old 04-29-2013

It doesn't have the finish detail of a factory built $500,000-$1,000,000. coach, but it definetly has some features of those expensive coaches, and some cases, even better....ISX650, Top of line AquaHot, Powertech15K, 4K Xantrex inverter with 8 batteries, full sized all electric home type kitchenAid Fridge.
And don't forget, it is actually a brand new chassis.... new brakes, suspension, stearing, tires etc..... it feels like it's a 2013 model

The REAL beauty of this coach, is the Driving. SO powerful, and smooth, and everything feels tight!!
Cummins ISX-650HP
Old 04-29-2013

You need to go into business and build more. Randy needs some to sell. He's sold almost all the old ones on his site. I too am look forward to seeing and touching. Maybe even riding in it ???

John Heckman
Shippensburg Pa
1987 PT 36
The Bella Mia Sold
Old 04-29-2013
Can't re-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morefire View Post
Not bad for a home made coach if you ask me
(but I could be a little biased)
Looks great and I can't wait to see it in October!

John Stiles
1980 33FC
"My Navion". SOLD
Stockbridge, GA
Old 05-08-2013

Latest addition......

Loud and proud

Cummins ISX-650HP
Old 05-08-2013
Former Bird Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morefire View Post
It doesn't have the finish detail of a factory built $500,000-$1,000,000. coach, but it definetly has some features of those expensive coaches, and some cases, even better....ISX650, Top of line AquaHot, Powertech15K, 4K Xantrex inverter with 8 batteries, full sized all electric home type kitchenAid Fridge.
And don't forget, it is actually a brand new chassis.... new brakes, suspension, stearing, tires etc..... it feels like it's a 2013 model

The REAL beauty of this coach, is the Driving. SO powerful, and smooth, and everything feels tight!!
You've done a fantastic job. The interior is looking great, especially for a "home" conversion. Often, an owner with more time than money can do a first rate job -- and your skills as a trader has certainly helped get you some top of the line components.

One thought (more for others that might be doing a conversion, than you), if the cook top were turned 90 degrees, it would leave more usable work surface on the counter for the galley. I have seen very few coaches where this is done ... but it is rare to use more than one burner at a time (in a coach) and even both burners are in use, a cook generally only needs to give close attention to a single pan/pot... so only one burner really needs to be at the front.

This observation was made by my dear spouse, who grumbled about the "lack of counter space" in our 'bird's galley. Of course, now that she has much less than half as much space in our Roadtrek, she radically changed the type of foods that she'll prepare.

Pete Masterson
(former) 95 WBDA 42'
(now) 2011 Roadtrek RS-Adventerous
Ridgefield, WA
aeonix1@me.com
Old 01-12-2014

Wow, it's been forever since I've been on here. I don't really have much in the way of updates though..... Been too busy with work during the week, then racing on the weekends. It's in storage for the winter now though, since I'm not into working in the cold.

This was the last time we used it, in October.

Cummins ISX-650HP
Old 01-12-2014

Looks really good!
Cape Cod,ma
Old 01-12-2014

Cool

Looking good David! One of a kind
Old 06-20-2014
Mike and Tracy

I've enjoyed this thread, end to end. Been curious though, does that coach come with steerable or lift able tag, and how did your weights end up.

I've got to admit, when I read the first thread, I tad my doubts and thought, "this will never get done". I felt bad for you when you discovered importing problems. I wondered again when I got to the part about swapping out a perfectly good engine. But you kept "getting through things".

You did it, and have a very unique coach that is truly yours. Congratulations. I'll wave and play you a tune on the musical horn when you pass me some day on a long hill!

Mike and Tracy - near Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
1999 43 LXI, "Maddy" - 60 Series Detroit
FOR SALE, $65k U.S. OBO
2006 Jeep Liberty CRD (Diesel) or 2013 Jeep Rubicon 4 Down Toads; Sold Jetta, but it was an awesome toad.

Last edited by mhughes01; 06-21-2014 at 01:19 AM.