Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > M450 (Unique Issues)

M450 (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your M450 model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.....list your M450 Parts here too. NO DISCUSSION OF ANY OF THE M450 LAWSUITS ALLOWED HERE.

Site Search:

Old 6 Days Ago

Nothing on the 450 is unique compared to a plywood and fiberglass countrycoach other than the stainless steel construction. Both have multiplex switching and a over complicated 50 amp power share system that causes confusion and concern. One good thing about your timing in taking advantage of Randys 450 is they are 100 grand under a stainless comparable Prevost and will level out at the same price. I feel a 2005 bb450 will be 100 grand in 10 years .a 2005 Three slide Prevost 100 but I wonder the resale value of a Country Coach.

I do like the level floor slide system in some country coach rigs.
Old 6 Days Ago

Default LXI to M450

Nice over view Greg of the two units-

Having only owned a 2000 s/s LXI (steer tag axle) for 10 months ,driving around 6k miles and then purchasing a 2005 M450 8 days ago-
I will need more saddle time in the 450 before I post my thoughts -

I do know I love the 365 steer tires-

MJD
Old 6 Days Ago

The guy buys a coach for $800,000.00 off or MSRP and gets worked up over a clogged sink.

Mike, most issues I find are assumptions I make as a new operator. I know one thing I intend to eliminate is the Inteletec powershare system where the batteries and even genset auto start gets prompted when plugged into 30 amp and the demands of a user call for more amperage. A very nice feature but I dont like autonomous controls dont even use cruise control so the downside of this intellect power share system is not outweighed by the benefit of automation it provides. Besides, I got my Tim believing 30 amp is dry camping so he conserves power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Eagle View Post
Nice over view Greg of the two units-

Having only owned a 2000 s/s LXI (steer tag axle) for 10 months ,driving around 6k miles and then purchasing a 2005 M450 8 days ago-
I will need more saddle time in the 450 before I post my thoughts -

I do know I love the 365 steer tires-

MJD
Old 6 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregOC View Post
Nothing on the 450 is unique compared to a plywood and fiberglass countrycoach other than the stainless steel construction. Both have multiplex switching and a over complicated 50 amp power share system that causes confusion and concern. One good thing about your timing in taking advantage of Randys 450 is they are 100 grand under a stainless comparable Prevost and will level out at the same price. I feel a 2005 bb450 will be 100 grand in 10 years .a 2005 Three slide Prevost 100 but I wonder the resale value of a Country Coach.

I do like the level floor slide system in some country coach rigs.

It is intimidating buying a new coach. Moving away from HWH (I'm surprised they use Bigfoot) and all of the other systems I have become familiar with over 15 years. Two inverters....I don"t think any CC has two. At least it never seems to be mentioned. Heck the Newells (air doors and seals) and older Prevost intimidate me too!

Maybe we should start with a 380. Heck we haven't even toured a BB yet!!!
Thanks for your input!
Old 6 Days Ago

the bigfoot system works well once you understand it is more of a stabilizer than a lift. there is a need to fide a spot a bit more level than my 99 and create level with the 450bag level first, I am still learning howto's I was embarrassed to drop those little things near my friends HWH