Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > RV Lifestyle > Insurance, Vehicle & Towing, Taxes, and Lifestyle Costs

Insurance, Vehicle & Towing, Taxes, and Lifestyle Costs Owning a Blue Bird isn't cheap. Questions or suggestions on how to handle these costs are discussed in this forum.

Site Search:

Old 3 Days Ago

We have an agree value policy from Farmers. Was super simple to complete on our side. The agent handled most everything. We just sent over some pictures.
Old 2 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeRoy View Post
Wow, lots of progressives. I'll call everyone that was mentioned that wasn't on my list already.
Are there any kind of special riders that should be on a policy for a bus?
I believe the key to Progressive is to get the policy through USAA credit Union if possible. That was the best rate available a year ago when I started.

Tim, Dawn, Grace & Paul Mendenhall
And a handful of dogs
Brighton, Mi
'91 WB40
"The Mendenhauler"

2001 SOB (SOLD!)
734-32o-6353
Old 2 Days Ago

Had Safeco, switched to Progressive. Safeco does not notify DMV and Progressive does.
I tried to renew my tags online. Cars went through fine (Progressive) but could not renew bus online. Said I needed to come in and bring proof of insurance. Went to safeco website to download card. Only the new card which was not yet valid was available. Called and got no help. They could not provide an insurance card that was currently valid! Policy was close to renewal. Unbelievable!

Called Progressive, got better insurance for less money (71K value) Printed out insurance card and went to DMV. DMV never ask for card as Progressive had already notified them that I was insured. House cars and bus with Progressive. One number to call no matter what happens. Done!
2000 LX40 ME "Angry Bird!"
Body# 129047
RShrimp@Yahoo.com
Old 2 Days Ago

Seems like I'm the odd one out! I have National General through Good Sam, mainly because I can take it "off the road" during winter for a much reduced premium. Also, they'll tow it home or to an approved repair facility, using the proper tow equipment, if it breaks down (luckily, haven't had to do so yet). But, as previous posts suggest, make sure windshield insurance is included; big $$ replacement item. You'll probably have $500 deductible, but when I had to replace mine, it would have been $1200!
Old 2 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikenjackie View Post
Seems like I'm the odd one out! I have National General through Good Sam, mainly because I can take it "off the road" during winter for a much reduced premium. ...!

Are you sure you still have National General? I had them as well, and when my policy was up for renewal last April, I got a notice they were no longer insuring RVs. My agent found me a similar Agreed Value policy with Safeco.

David & Nicole Stokes
Valdosta, Georgia
'98 LXi 43'
'97 Jeep Wrangler
229-834-8677

Independent Consultant
The Pampered Chef
http://www.pamperedchef.biz/davidstokes
Old 2 Days Ago

I'm paid up till the end of August...
Old 2 Days Ago

No coach and not insured yet, but I started with a quote from Progressive. The cost can very quite a bit depending on deductibles, coverages, and agreed value. The Progressive website lets you see how your quote will change depending on the options.

Would be nice to know which companies know class A RVs so as to get “real” (istic) insurance.

I think I need to weigh out how much I’m going to drive the monster to weigh out the cost/risk/benefit of coverage levels, deductibles, and other add ons.