Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Craigs List, Ebay, Coaches and other Finds

Craigs List, Ebay, Coaches and other Finds Other Coaches or anything else you have found for sale that others here might want to know about.

Site Search:

Old 05-07-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblerboy64 View Post
Yes the Heckman enjoyed that trip. Like most new purchases there were things wrong. We had battery issues which I was able to sort out well enough.

What we didn't know was there were some safety related issues which could have bitten pretty hard.

These buses which have been sitting and which are not represented by the owners should be taken to a GOOD shop and checked over before driven home.

Its one thing to buy a bus from a owner who uses the bus regularly. ( And you can still have trouble), but buying an unknown is risky.

I forget what Kent found wrong once he got to Florida but the bus wasn't in the condition it was supposed to be in (are they ever) and while I knew enough to tell that the bus was driving and handling within reasonable limits I really did know enough to do a safety inspection.

Guys drive them home on 15 year old tires and most of the time you get away with it but it's not a good idea

You learn from experience and I've learned I would not take that chance the second time. Kent ended up with a real nice coach so it all ended well. I don't take much credit other then I tried.

Another case of not knowing your limitations (on my part). I know better now.
John, you were great! Without your help, I wouldn’t have a bus that I love. I know it’s not the ideal way to buy a bus, but sometimes you have to take a gamble. If you keep waiting for the perfect scenario, you might not ever get off the fence.

I think most wannabes don’t really know what they want, so they find reasons and excuses to pass on good coaches. Even when they inspect them up close. Almost every one of them will need something.

In my case, I knew exactly what I wanted as far as the vintage look, the mid door, the rear bath, interior color and layout. It also had my desired exterior color and GOOD paint. The condition of the paint and interior was worth it by itself. I was willing to take a gamble on the other stuff because I knew this combination wasn’t coming around again anytime soon. Luckily, it worked out for me. Like the day, “Nothing ventured, nothing gained”.

Sure, we had some issues during and after I got it home. But buying my bus with you there was a great time and memorable adventure. Those kinds of memories are priceless

Kent & Pearl Glover
1985 FC-35RB "Wild and Wanderful"
Tampa, Fl
(813) 454-6347
Email: juballer22@gmail.com
Old 06-14-2018

I ended up purchasing this bird from Angela. I get it today! Everything looks like it has been well maintained and kept up on it. I will post some pictures after I get it.
Old 06-14-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennied View Post
I ended up purchasing this bird from Angela. I get it today! Everything looks like it has been well maintained and kept up on it. I will post some pictures after I get it.
Congrats on your new purchase!!

David & Nicole Stokes
Valdosta, Georgia
'98 LXi 43'
'97 Jeep Wrangler
229-834-8677

Independent Consultant
The Pampered Chef
http://www.pamperedchef.biz/davidstokes