Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > M380 (Unique Issues)

M380 (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your M380 model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.....list your M380 Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 04-29-2013
Geek

Default more slide air questions

My 12V pump cycles frequently. Chuck simply unplugged it, but I wired a dash switch to a solenoid to power it, so I could turn it on if I felt I needed it, for example a rain storm with wind.

I pulled the two check valves and looked at them. Put a tiny drop of Mystery oil on the balls and rotated them. It didn't make a difference. They may still be the problem, but I don't see how.

Am I correct that dumping the seal air using the center valve on the manifold also isolates the seals from the system? If so, the seals are not at fault as there is no difference in pump cycle time with the valve open (seals dumped).

The duty cycle is roughly 10%. The pump comes on for 24 seconds out of any 4 minutes.

Where should I be looking?
Prior: 2004 M380 Double Slide
Prior: 1990 WB40 "Blue Thunder"
My location: www.bbirdmaps.com/user2.cfm?user=1
Old 04-30-2013

Don,
Yes dumping the air using the valve to the right of the pressure gage will isolate the seals. It sounds as if you have an air leak. The 12V. compressor air system is interconnected with the 110 V. air system via check valve. I would use the soapy water system to check all fittings where plastic air tubing connects.
Old 04-30-2013

Don,

After going crazy looking for an air leak in my aux. air sysyem in the '99LXi43 and not finding any, I finally narrowed it to a leak back through the Thomas 12VDC compressor head. They use a little metal flapper in the head as a check valve. Adding a quality, low crack pressure, check valve just downstream from the Thomas changed from a hold time of 20 minutes or so to holding for days. Just a thought as I didn't think to check there until late in the search process. I also replaced the check valves between compressors so the poor little 12VDC compressor would not try to do more work than necessary.