Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Generators

Generators In this forum we will try to answer any of your questions about the different model generators that can be found on Blue Bird coach's.

Site Search:

Old 06-08-2008
Administrator

Hi Robert,

It is good things worked out for you , It is great to hear that familiar 3208 sound come alive..
You may eventually want to change the Facet fuel pump, they sometimes gradually loose there pumping pressure and eventually start to leak. You can usually hear it chatter near the fuel tank, when the engine or the Onan is running. The 3208 will suck the fuel, but much better with a good pusher pump.
On our 88 FC and probably the same on your SP Napa # 6101033,
Facet # 40109. this is hard to reach and wear old cloths
http://www.facet-purolator.com/

http://facet-purolator.com/index.php...d=16&Itemid=31

Last edited by iamflagman; 06-09-2008 at 03:20 AM. Reason: Added link
Old 06-09-2008
RV Appraiser

Bill when my bird went tango uniform on me in March when I had it hauled to the shop the guys at Peterbilt moved my pump and added another fuel filter to the subframe member in front of the fuel tank between the rear levelers. It is a lot easier to get to and the new filter is in place to collect the trash before it reachs the Racor. Plus the new filter is a lot cheaper to replace then the Racor filters.
Louisville, KY/Jeffersonville, IN
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Our Blog
Our Location
https://allwheelappraisals.com/
Email or call only - please do not send PM

johns.mcginnis @ hotmail.com
502-417-5681
.,=====o00
//___l__,\____\,___
l_--- \___l----[]lllllll[]
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_
Old 06-09-2008

Bill,

Thanks again for the help.

I can pretty much confirm that my Facet pump is non functioning. I tested it, and it is not pumping at all.

So, I guess that'll be my next project. For the time being, the coach runs exactly as before. Did replacing your pump generate any difference in engine performance?
Linden, Michigan
Old 06-10-2008
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGloverii View Post
Bill,

Thanks again for the help.

I can pretty much confirm that my Facet pump is non functioning. I tested it, and it is not pumping at all.

So, I guess that'll be my next project. For the time being, the coach runs exactly as before. Did replacing your pump generate any difference in engine performance?
Hi Robert, Somehow these facet fuel pump replies posted to several threads,
But, No I did not notice an improvement in performancre, But BB installed the pusher pump for several reasons: There is no manual primer pump on the 300 HP Cat, it will show (on the Racor Gage), a positive pressure at idle, It helps the 3208 injection pump maintain fuel pressure under load, It helps push fuel thru two filters. And maybe more that I am unaware of.
Although the 3208 will suck fuel thru a defective pump.
Old 06-10-2008
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Quote:
Hi Robert, Somehow these facet fuel pump replies posted to several threads
Bill,

Strange things happen around here in the wee hours of the morning........................................... ..

Actually, I added the thread to the other sub-forums as I felt that the information about the FACET FUEL pump, especially the part numbers, also applied to those sub-forums, I also added another link to your post.

Things just aren't safe around here when I have time on my hands...........................I guess that is why I get paid the BIG BUCKS

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 06-10-2008

On our coach, if the Facet stops working and the engine loses its prime getting it started is a chore. You must take the fuel line off of each injector and crank the engine to get the air out of the system. Once it stops blowing bubbles and you get all the lines secured back onto the injectors you crank and pray. If it doesn't start reppeat steps 1-1000 above.

With the Facet it will usually start if you restore the prime by holding the prime button down until the pressure builds up and shuts the pump off.

On ours the Facet is relatively easy to get at. It is on the rail under the air filter in the right rear engine access.
Old 06-12-2008

Jim,

Thanks for the response. My Facet is dead, and plan on replacing it in the next week or so.

On my coach. it is somewhat difficult to get to the mounting screws, but I'm sure I'll manage.

You're right about the solution to losing pime. I ended up having to bleed 4 injectors before she came back to life. Not exactly the 1/2 hr job I originally expected for changing the fuel filter!

Now I'm curious to see if changing the facet alters the engine peformance at all. Seems to me that it might marginally improve the horsepower under full load.
Linden, Michigan
Old 06-12-2008

Robert,
Somebody was saying that they noticed improved fuel mileage with a properly pressurized system. Makes sense, as it is probably running slightly lean in some conditions. Good for a gasser, but not so good for a diesel.

don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- poor products with poor support
Old 09-03-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Pape View Post
Hi Robert,

It is good things worked out for you , It is great to hear that familiar 3208 sound come alive..
You may eventually want to change the Facet fuel pump, they sometimes gradually loose there pumping pressure and eventually start to leak. You can usually hear it chatter near the fuel tank, when the engine or the Onan is running. The 3208 will suck the fuel, but much better with a good pusher pump.
On our 88 FC and probably the same on your SP Napa # 6101033,
Facet # 40109. this is hard to reach and wear old cloths
http://www.facet-purolator.com/

http://facet-purolator.com/index.php...d=16&Itemid=31
Is this the same number for all 300hp FC 35's ?

Any pointers on swapping this out should I have the new one with me or can I pull it amd take it to match up at the NAPA ?
Does the fuel start flowing when you pull the old one, should I be ready to get a diesel shower ?
Old 09-05-2016

Is there another post on this somewhere or is this one a no brainer ?